Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alrighty, just thought I'd pass along the latest rumor about the X-teams for May, this time from Rich Johnston in his "All the Rage" Column over at Silver Bullet Comics. Caveat lector: Rich is not necessarily a reliable source, even though HIS sources are industry people. I think someone gave him a 50% accuracy rating once. So don't take his words as gospel. Nonetheless...
    S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Here's the full quote from his column:

"X-Position

Lieutenant Kali, long-standing rumour source with a dodgy reputation at best but a tendency to pull surprise ones out of the bag, writes to tell me that Marvel has had a crackdown on leaks as of late. All outgoing and incoming e-mails are now screened and only those directly involved with each comic are allowed to know what's going on. Thank goodness for personal home e-mail accounts, that's all I can say.

The Good Lieutenant tells me that Marvel's bigwigs were a little... let's say stressed, when they knew next to nothing on what was happening in the X-Books come May. So Quesada brought them the list of the characters featured in the two teams as well as those that were being killed, and a summary of both writer's first 4 issues. I hear the suits weren't exactly pleased with Morrison's plans, but have agreed to let him go on as Quesada has assured them it will boost sales. Which, let's face it, seems pretty likely if *that* X-Men cover is anything to go by.

They are, apparently, more pleased with Casey's take on the X-Men, which I'm told follows Banshee and Wolverine training up a team of the less powered mutants, in a setting similar to that of the movie. I'm told they were also happy that Casey didn't just put all the teen X-Men in the team, and instead used those with less control of their powers, the reason why Gambit and Iceman are in Casey's team, while M is in Morrison's team.

So. the full rumoured lineups are:

Joe Casey's Uncanny X-Men - Banshee, Meltdown, Jubilee, Chamber, Cannonball, Iceman, Gambit, Wolverine

Grant Morrison's New X-Men - Phoenix, Cyclops, M, Havok, Nightcawler, Wolverine, New Male Character.

Wolverine's in both? Apparently...

Mystique will be heavily involved in Casey's title alongside a new character, while Morrison will be introducing a new female character and also bringing Professor Xavier into the spotlight.

As for those that will die, in his plot outline Morrison just revealed there would be a "Culling of many mutants", but as the first issue script is the only one which has yet been seen by anyone, so far only Cecilia Reyes and Husk have been killed, 'though from what's been going 'round the Marvel offices it's reported that by the end of the arc around a dozen X-Men will be dead. The only ones assured of safe passage are those that were in the first X-Men movie, as even Quesada agreed that it would be bad for new readers to not find the most commercially known characters in the comics, so as a result Rogue, Storm, Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean Grey and Professor X have been made off limits from Morrisons culling.

Other rumours indicate that a nuclear bomb being dropped on Genosha would be a very quick way to get rid of a lot of mutants in a very short timeframe.

Neither Bill Jemas, Joe Quesada, Mark Powers, Grant Morrison or Joe Casey responded to e-mail enquiries. Bill Jemas was probably eating trifle, the others have no excuse.

This Has A Rumour Value Of 4 Out Of 10"

This could be complete bullshit, as I believe I saw this exact lineup in one of those "I work for Marvel!" posts on Wizardworld. Also, I was a little baffled by the figure "a dozen X-Men dead" vis a vis Morrison's book. I guess what that means is that he'll be killing characters who aren't necessarily in his line-up. I mean, he's got to leave some people alive, otherwise he wouldn't have a team! Another suspicious thing is that there's no mention of Emma Frost, whom Morrison has confirmed as being a major part of his title. That thing about bombing Genosha is, as far as I can tell, complete speculation. All in all, I'd say that Rich's "4 out of 10" rumor rating is appropriate.

-Rex

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

OK true or not Im worried.Morrison has got ahold of Kurt(maybe)and by that quote I posted on another thread I dont know if its a good thing.Even Marvel said they didnt like what Moorison had planned.*shudders*er pervert priest anyone?But on the other hand maybe Kurt needs to be spiced up I just hope it isnt too outrageous!

Or he might be killed off altogeather DAMN you Marvel for NOT declaring Kurt off limits! Are they even aware of how loved the elf is?Perhaps all our noise is too late?

Thanks for the info Rex!

BTW KURT WAGNER BETTER NOT BE KILLED OFF OR--!!!

------------------
    Got elf?

`~`~`Dragonlady`~`~`

[This message has been edited by Drags (edited February 11, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's probably a load of crap, just like those Whizzer posts. Who knows?
    confused
    Yeah, Morrison's already said he was using the White Queen. And if he took Nightcrawler that would negate XMU 30 totally. Which I suppose is possible too. It's already been announced that Wolvie would be in both titles. And it makes sense to use the characters from the movie, yeech. The supposed ban on killing the Prof kind of goes against the other rumors floating around too.

Honestly, I'm getting sick of every Tom, Dick and Harry coming out of the woodwork with rosters. rolleyes

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Not very cool if this is even half true..Danke for the scoop REX!

BAMF!

edited newsflash

Doh! meant to say NOT very cool. I'm starting to think that maybe Morrison might need to calm down with all the excitement about "killing more mutants...".
    Why do writers feel the urge to use Death as a means of making their mark on a series?
    It seems like some of the higher profile scribes feed off of the infamy of being known as "The writer who killed off so-and-so!" mad

Double BAMF!

[This message has been edited by BAMF! (edited February 11, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Assuming this is true:
    See guys and gals, this is why we need to start sending letters now, so they know before hand before letting some rock-star writer mess up the elf. I'm gonna send something off tomorrow to quesada.

Damn, I was afraid for poor Cecilia. I don't understand why she was so unpopular. I liked her. She had such a cool take-no-hit attitude. I really suspect she wasn't liked because of that, and she wasn't the standard caucasion babe. It's a damned shame.

And there's only two female characters on each team. I'm confused, is Morrison creating two new characters, or are they mixed up about the gender?

Anyway, I've read elsewhere that Wolvie's gonna show up in *ahem* Extreme x-men, too. (Can we all say "Poochie"? To the EXTREME!!) It's just too much Wolvie. I think there must be several clones of him running around. There's a thread at x-fan about how sick people are getting of him at x-fan, if anyone's interested.

------------------
    It's all you need in souperheroes and haute cuisine:
    Culinary_X

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spatula Gal:
    (Can we all say "Poochie"? To the EXTREME!!)
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe Morrison'll send him back to his home planet smile

The shame of it is that Wolvie used to be a cool character. Now he's so overexposed that I can barely stand the sight of him. They've run out of interesting things to do with him and they do him a disservice by cramming him into stories he has no business being in. I mean, when was the last time he was in a really compelling story? I guess this is what happens when things get too popular--they get bad.

-Rex

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL. smile Ok I need to stop laughing before I choke on my gum.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Heh, i was using the "Poochie" analogy to describe wolverine to someone just the other day.
    (All things in life can be explained through The Simpsons)

I toatally agree, I used to like Wolverine, but over the last 8 years or so, i've grown to almost despise him. Writers over hype him and trash other characters just to make Logan look cool.

I was getting really down about the Logan/Jean cover that's floating around, until i read that it's probably not what it seams to be.

Right now, the only thing i like about Logan is that Kurt sees something in him.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Y'know, probably the majority of my initial affection for Wolverine had to do with the fact that Kurt considered him his best bud smile

Just as a postscript to this blatant rumormongering I perpetrated here, Morrison and Casey stated publicly to the Comics Newsarama guys that none of the rumored line-ups floating around the web are true --
    "nobody even guessed right accidentally", they say. Of course, what else are they going to say? But frankly, I'm kinda relieved.

By the way, did you guys know Frank Quitely is a made-up name? Maybe I was the only one who wasn't aware of that. Apparently, it's a spoonerism for "quite frankly". I like this guy already smile

-Rex

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Ok, I just found this out and had to share....According to Marvel's website (in the YourMan@Marvel section) the lineup for Joe Casey's and Ian Churchill's Uncanny X-men is:
    *Iceman
    *Archangel
    *Chamber
    *Wolverine
    and....drumroll please...
    NIGHTCRAWLER!
    WOO-HOOOO!

And in case you want to know, it lists Grant Morrison's and Frank Quitely's team as:
    *Cyclops
    *Beast
    *Jean Grey
    *Wolverine
    *White Queen

Well, that's all from me for now...I have to go eat something before my classes start.

------------------
    I am a particularly clever hyper intelligent pan-dimensional being, fear me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast