Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Inspired by "the Last"...The BEST!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, maybe not the best...but definitely your favorites!

The BEST musical album I own: VAST - Music for People. GET IT!!!

The BEST tv show of the 80s: A tie between He-Man and Thundercats, definitely! He-Man is by far my favorite nostalgically, but I can still watch Thundercats and not roll my eyes!

The BEST tv show of the 90s: Hmmm....I'm going to have to go with Mtv's Oddities and The Crocodile Hunter. Man those shows kick!

The BEST show of the 00s: A tie between Croc Hunter and Iron Chef! They're awesome! Dubbed play by play on a cooking show is just friggin' great!

The BEST comic I own: Well, my most treasured comic is Incredible Hulk #181 (first appearance by Wolverine!) but I'd have to say my favorite comic story-wise is the Maxx series.

The BEST comic crossover: Age of Apocalypse, definitely! I know a lot of you didn't like it because Kurt was so different or any of a myriad of other reasons, but it's what really got me hooked on Nightcrawler. Up 'til that point I was a Wolvie fan with a brain. Imagine that.

The BEST food ever invented: BUFFALO WINGS!!! YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM!!!

The BEST movie of all time: I'm gonna go with Chasing Amy, although Reservoir Dogs, Matrix, Hidden Dragon, Crouching Tiger and Fight Club are all tied for a very close second. MOVIES RULE!!!

The BEST band of all time: Hmmm....either Aerosmith or Queen! What can I say? Classic rock is awesome. Neither of these are what I'm listening to right now, but if they're played on the radio then I get all happy and sing right along with them. It's fun!

Any you'd like to add? Who's next?!?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Ooooh! I'll be current on a thread for once!

The BEST musical album I own: Right now I'm going to say Moby - Play. I don't think I've taken that CD out of the changer since I bought it!

The BEST tv show of the 80s: Gotta go with Transformers. They're more than meets the eye!

The BEST tv show of the 90s: Hrmmm. Seinfeld, I guess. It was the show of the 90s. I would say Simpsons, but they're bleeding into both the 80s and the 00s.

The BEST show of the 00s: Considering how there are too many shows on right now that I don't even see...I'm going to say Boston Public, followed VERY closely by Ed, Buffy, and Angel.

The BEST comic I own: Giant-Size X-Men #1, of course...although God Loves, Man Kills is probably my favorite of all time.

The BEST comic crossover: I liked Inferno, mainly due to the sheer strangeness each of the comics decided to pursue...

The BEST food ever invented: White fudge covered Oreos...mmmmm...

The BEST movie of all time: Fight Club. Loved it so much I bought the DVD months before I had a DVD player.

The BEST band of all time: Probably U2. I really liked the Refreshments though. And Eve6 has potential.

- Darkholme

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The BEST musical album I own: My CATS soundtrack. The 1st Broadway Cast. smile
    The BEST tv show of the 80s: She-ra maybe?
    The BEST tv show of the 90s: Buffy and Angel
    The BEST show of the 00s:See 90's
    The BEST comic I own: Fathom and Witchblade The BEST comic crossover: Witchblade and Darkness
    The BEST food ever invented: chocolate covered cherries and carmel cadbury eggs.
    The BEST movie of all time: Terminator or Aliens.
    The BEST band of all time: Tears for Fears or Queen.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Best Album: And Justice for All- Metallica. This album has awesome lyrics.
    Best TV 80s: He-Man and She-Ra
    Best TV 90s: Croc Hunter and Emeril Live!
    Best Tv 00s: Croc Hunter and X-Men: Evolution, Iron Chef also rules
    Comics? I don't own any yet (no $$$= no comics)
    Best Food: Filet Mignon grilled outside during the fall by my Dad- the experience makes the food better
    Best Movie: The Patriot (Blood and Gore) and Gladiator (same reason)
    Best Band: METALLICA!!! (Jason come back!)

------------------
    Essence of Elf: "BAMF- Kick it up a notch!"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

The BEST musical album I own: CCR's greatest hits. Hey, I like old stuff.

The BEST tv show of the 80s: Transformers!

The BEST tv show of the 90s: The X Files, gotten crappy lately so I'll keep it in its peak in the 90s.

The BEST show of the 00s: Boston Public, I like, I watch right now, good stuff. I have quite a weakness for MTV's Fear, though, as much as I hate to admit it.

The BEST comic I own: Hmmmm, can't decide...

The BEST comic crossover: Inferno, sooo creative.

The BEST food ever invented: Crab rangoon, yum.

The BEST movie of all time: My all-time fav is The Princess Bride. For a real, serious movie I'd say Schindler's List. In recent memory, Gladiator. Strength and honor, baby.

The BEST band of all time: CCR, duh. STP, Live and the Chili Peppers, my all-time favs.

Hey, if we're not all sick of these get-to-know-each-other games, I have one I can post too. It's a questionaire we run in the newspaper as mini-features on people. It's called "Getting to Know You." Don't laugh, it's not as bad as the name sounds. Let me know and I'll get it up later.

------------------
    ~Award-winning designer of Norway's lovely crinkly edges.~

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Go for it SLARTI!

Alrighty, on with the 'BEST'...

* BEST album I own:
    Tie. Depeche Mode - Violator/ EPMD - Strictly Business

* BEST tv show of the 80s:
    Tie again! Three's Company ('cause of my HUUUGE crush on Chrissy) and VOLTRON (I was a Lion-force fanatic!)

* BEST tv show of the 90s:
    STAR TREK the next generation!
    With The X-files and MTV's The Real World tied for a close second

* BEST show of the 00s:
    Not sure why, but i'm REALLY getting hooked on SURVIVOR.

* BEST comic I own:
    Amazing Spider-Man # 230. Spidey goes up against the Juggernaut. As a kid I just remember REALLY, really enjoying this book, cover-to-cover!

* BEST comic crossover:
    I've gotta go with the Age of Apocalypse!

* BEST food ever invented:
    LASAGNA!

* BEST movie of all time:
    the original STAR WARS.
    close seconds..The first Die Hard, the second Aliens, Forrest Gump & The 5 Deadly Venoms.

*BEST band of all time:
    That's easy...the BEATLES!

BAMF!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

DoH! How could I forget!
    Actually for BEST T.V show of the 80's it's a THREE way tie between:

Three's Company, Voltron and CHEERS!

BAMF!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

BAMF!, sorry, I stole your set-up...

* BEST album I own:
    The Tea Party - Tangents.

* BEST tv show of the 80s:
    She-Ra? I don't remember the 80s too good. wink

* BEST tv show of the 90s:
    Just Shoot Me. I'm sure there were better shows out there, but that's about the only one I ever watched.

* BEST show of the 00s:
    X-Men Evolution. Again, not much to choose from.

* BEST comic I own:
    Jeez. I have quite a bit of good stuff... probably Powers, which ever issues were included in the collection.

* BEST comic crossover:
    Archie/Punisher... no really.

* BEST food ever invented:
    Dutch Crunch Mesquite BBQ Chips! I lived off of them for a week once. Mmmmm.... salty and... crunchy. Heaven.

* BEST movie of all time:
    The Matrix. I just saw it last week, for the first time.

*BEST band of all time:
    THE TEA PARTY!! Whenever anyone brings them up, anyone including myself, I turn into a ranting, psychotic fan. And the lead singer/guitarist is Jeff Martin, which explains why I'm always bringing the name up, in case anyone was wondering about that. It's a fanatic reflex! I can't help it! Jeff Martin, Jeff Martin, Jeff Martin. That should hold me until tomorrow, when I see Biscuit and I can really get going on the subject... (Biscuit! He said "X-Men". Yes, really!! Omigod!)

Fasheem

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The best album I own:Oh god your asking me to choose from several different decades and genres.I have almost 100 cds.I guess I would have to go with Nirvana-Bleach.

The best 80s show:Transformers ofcourse!(Does Startreck:TNG count?,that started in the 80s)

The best 90s show:A tie between Seinfeld and The X-Files!

The best 00s show:A toss up between Ed and Queer.

The best comic you own:Im quite proud of my X-Men,Spiderman and SiP collections.

The best comic cross-over:A tie between Secret Wars/Infinity Guantlet/Crisis of Infinite Earths.

The best food ever invented:Anything Italian and CHOCOLATE ofcourse!(Those Symphony bars drive me crazy,yum!)

The best movie of all time:Another toughy.Um....The Producers,Amadeus,The Color Purple,Silence of the Lambs,Empire Strikes Back,Raiders of the Lost Ark,Aliens,Ghostbusters,Edward Scissorhands,Wizard of Oz,Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory,Its a Wonderful Life...I know theres more.I cant make up my mind.What can I say I LOVE movies.

The best band of all time:I would have to say Nirvana for me.I think theyre music I connect with the most personaly.

Thats why I chose "last" instead of "best" because its just to hard for me,lol. wink

[This message has been edited by Drags (edited February 28, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Drags (edited February 28, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Hey! I'm back!

Best album: Metallica--S&M

Best TV show of the 80's: Tie between Voltron, Thundercats, and the original Transformers!

Best TV show of the 90's: Southpark!

Best of 00's: Croc Hunter

Best Comic I own: Wolverine #75 and the first Excalibur hardcover

Best Crossover: AOA! biggrin This too got me heavily into Nightcrawler and I loved Blink!

Best food ever invented: strawberries and anything with chocolate! wink

Best movie of all time: Vampire Hunter D and Matrix!

Best band of all time: Aerosmith!!

How about:

Best music video: tie-up between Thriller, Jeremy and Freak on a Leash

Best video game you ever played: X-Men Arcade(introduced me to Nightcrawler, yes!! biggrin), Tekken(all 3!) and Soulblade for PS

Best book: Dracula!

Next! wink

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast