Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

OK, here they've been leading us on about how Shadowed Past was supposed to focus on Nightcrawler and what do we get? More Rogue! Dammit! Like we need yet another episode filled with Rogue's "conflicted loyalties" and soul-sucking powers. And don't forget the moral message at the end this time, Kids WB!

I'm so sick of Rogue, I could just scream. When you think about it, everything that can be done with her, has been done already in the comics. Except, of course, curing her of her power. And the character is her power... she wouldn't be remotely interesting now without her terrible feelings of isolation and angst. After all, she wouldn't be just an ordinary person; she'd be a regular gal whose personality has been completely wiped out from years of whining. Now all we need is for Goth Gambit to show up and begin on the "Oh, I love you!", "But we can't touch!" theme.

You'd think making her Goth would refresh the character but since the only noticeable change has been her look and choice of reading material... AAARRRRRRRRGH!! I hate her! *Fasheem jumps up and down, stamping her feet and getting all red in the face* DIE! DIE! DIE!

Heh. Uh, any Rogue fans out there? Hmm. This got a little off-topic, didn't it?

Rogue... mad

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fasheem is funny. Fasheem can be alittle off-topic at times considering this is a
    Nightcrawler forum!

But, I must admit, Fasheem is right! I really liked Rogue at the beginning when I just started to read comics and when I watched the cartoon but, alas, she is now boring. I'll just have to find another good comic where the characters are fresh and not priests!

Anyone read that new Oni comic?

>Jezie<

------------------
    That tail! Those fangs! That fur! I think I'm in love....No, wait, that's a furball.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jezie:
    Anyone read that new Oni comic?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who's off-topic now, hmmm?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

I prefer to reserve my opinion on the new cartoon until it's been shown. At least it's a new one on Saturday.

------------------
    Essence of Elf: "BAMF- Kick it up a notch!"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What Oni comic?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jezie:

I'll just have to find another good comic where the characters are fresh and not priests!

goood point!

ah hahaha what delightful banter there is to share ha ha !!

fasheem i could not agree w/ you more!!!!!
    argh
    im so sick i could puke!!
    gag gag
    oni ? oni?
    i can assume its japanese,
    oh yeh ,
    i gots the essntail x man whoooooo hoooooo
    (pardon the spelling)

[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
    dum da da dum-

~*WONDERLASS*~

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, Oni is Japanese. It means Demon.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

I was thinking Oni Press...home to such greats as Barry Ween, Whiteout, Clerks, and Queen & Country.

Hrmmm. I seemed to have inadvertantly driven this even MORE off topic...

Oh well.

- Darkholme

Inactive Member The French Biscuit's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fasheem, I may be evil. But you're just scary.

*yells off into the distance* Rogue, If you know what's good for you. RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!

I'm gonna go hide in a bomb shelter in case Fasheem decides to turn on me. *slink, slink*

------------------
    ---
    Don't mess with me, I'm French!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just read this at xfan:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
    In an earlier article discussing the upcoming new episode of the X-Men: Evolution animated series entitled "Shadowed Past", story editor Bob Forward originally informed X-Fan that the catalyst for the story would be nightmares experienced by Jean Grey that were actually Nightcrawler`s, and that Jean was picking them up telepathically.
    Forward recently contacted X-Fan to inform of a slight change in the story for the episode from what was originally intended.
    "Greg [Johnson, co-story editor] has alerted me that at some point after the script left my hands, some changes were made," Forward told X-Fan. "The story now has Rogue having the nightmares instead of Jean."
    "Shadowed Past" is set to premiere on the Kids` WB! network on Saturday, March 31. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I'm reading this right, Rogue is just taking Jean's role, but the dreams are still Kurt's. I think this could be interesting if they touch on the siblings aspect. I like the evo Rogue. I'd say she's my second favorite after the 'Kiddo. She has just the right mix of tuff as nails over a vulnerable, sweet side. She reminds me of the 80's era Rogue, which I liked best. I really like her voice in the toon, its very realistic. I think the actress does one of the voices in King of the Hill. Its not that digusting "Southern belle" stereotype accent. Although I like Gambit, I'm not sure I'd want to see an evo version. I just can't see him as a teen without conjuring up someone like Avalanche. For this reason, I don't think there's gonna be an evo Gumbo.

------------------
    It's all you need in souperheroes and haute cuisine:
    Culinary_X

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast