Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A new fridge. A car. A new coat, a boat, or an electric lawn mower. Are these the only things we can get out of life?...

is life just a rat race to see who can stockpile the most material things?.. I think so.. people today are putting too much emphasis on material goods, rather than natural or spiritual things..

a family scrimps and saves all their lives to keep up with their neighbors, who are trying to keep up to somebody else and so on.

Everybody is running around in circles, buying status symbol furniture, cars and clothes. People try to outdo each other in every way, from who has the biggest patio, to who has the most elaborately decorated mail box.

And are these things really that important?.. no.. I feel that a family should have a fairly good standard of living, with comfortable and attractive surroundings, but when they start to spend thousands of dollars on boats when they don’t like water, on barbeques or patios when they don’t eat barbequed food, or other expensive and useless toys, then they are just showing their vanity and a lot of stupidity.

Myself, I appreciate the outdoors, the fields and streams, and lakes, things that you don’t have to buy and set in your front yard to show off.

They’re there always for anybody and everybody to appreciate and use for free.. no artificial patio can compare with the beauty of a forest glade on an early sun shiny morning horizon over the lake.

The splendour of a mountain has places in the world we haven’t seen.. can we really feel that civilization has got nature beat..

why doesn’t the world forget the never ending rat race and concentrate on the nature that we have left?.. just as some people say you can’t buy love, money won’t buy you happiness either, unless you are the kind of person who thrives on plastic surroundings and artificial beauty..

if people can see what the world has to offer them, then we can begin to have a fuller happier life, without really having to pay for it all…

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Look at children...to them having a fun time requires mom or dad spending money on them.... why can't being at home together playing games or reading be as valuable....

My son is starting to learn that and appreciating the value just being together....

HB Forum Owner Beautiful~Mistake's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

...i was spoiled as all fuckin hell as a kid..

by society's definition, we were poor.. it's still a treat to get a new pair of shoes once a year.. but.. i'm the most spoiled rotten kid you'll ever meet...

cuz every minute my mother has off work is spent with us..

i wouldn't trade that attention for all the money in the world....

and hey.. just cuz i'm almost 20.. doesn't mean i can't still curl up on the couch with my mom..

nobody could put a price on that...*beams happily..