From a very young age, Eve had Seen and Felt things that no child should have ever witnessed - violence, madness, despair and death. She Saw what those around her did not, and a simple touch could tell her much more than she ever wanted about a person or object. Emotions could be just as confusing, as the girl sometimes thought that what she felt wasn't really hers. Those around her told her that none of it was real, that it was just an overactive imagination - though with a decidedly morbid bent.
????????
????????As she grew older it became worse, and she eventually came to the conclusion that there was something wrong with her. Eve tried to keep the bizarre, often frightening things to herself, and learned to tell others what they wanted to hear - that she was better, and that nothing was out of the ordinary. After many attempts to control and deny the 'episodes,' she grew so weary that she took a razorblade to her wrists in an effort to finally put an end to it - but instead woke up to find herself institutionalized.

??????? Medication and therapy was a daily ordeal, and to make matters worse, she never heard from her family. Her parents had washed their hands of her, so it seemed, put her away to forget about her. She was the insane member of the family now, the one spoken of only in whispers, and never in public.

???????? Eve endured Stonebridge Institution from the time she was fourteen, but it brought about something unexpected: a better understanding of her 'illness.' Eve discovered she wasn't the only one with this particular brand of madness, but she was the least fargone there. The prospect of having it consume her as it had the others was terrible, and too close; that was what happened the night she'd opened her veins, and the realization brought on a new determination. If she couldn't stop it, maybe she could control it.

???????? Gradually, she calmed to a level she could live with. The drugs were reduced and in time, Eve was deemed well enough to be released. The somewhat daunting task of putting together a real life for herself was undertaken almost gleefully, and the weekly appointments with her psychiatrist were a necessary evil, the little lies she told him a small price to pay for her freedom.

????????Still, there were moments when a shadow would cross her delicate features, and something haunted would linger about her grey eyes...

For Eve Nora Lizt is a ..... DAEMON!!!!! My name is Sebestian Ash, and as the Assistant Director of New Stonebridge, I will prove beyond a shadow of a doubt, that poor girl's soul has been not only tainted, but taken over by a Daemon, and she walks among the flock, like a wold in sheeps clothing, waiting to strike, and corrupt, no, DESTROY the very fabric that is the Paranormal Special Division. How else could some one that merely under a year ago, was working in a coffee shop, now walks inside these very walls?? Magic?? Mind control?? Dark seductions?

If you desire more prove, then read what sll of you have in your hands, what was taken from her own diary!!!

???? "It was always weird growing up, you know? I don't think my childhood was like that of most kids. I mean, some things were still the same. There was school, and there were summers and holidays and snow days . . . but I always felt different from everyone else. My parents had money, and I was an only child - but it's not as if it made much difference. I always felt like I was this huge inconvenience on their lives. Think about it: Not only did they have a kid that they didn't really even want, but a freak on top of that.

???????? "Maybe they just thought I was really morbid when I was little. How many kids have an imaginary friend with a broken neck? And what's more, how many of those kids could tell you how it happened? I'd See things, and being really young and really trusting, I'd tell my parents about it. Their reactions ranged from disinterested to horrified or disgusted - or a mix. The kicker was that it wasn't all good. A lot of it scared the living daylights out of me, and I had nightmares almost every night. To this day I don't like mirrors, but that's something else altogether.

???????? "When I was ten, my folks introduced me to Dr. Maxwell. They said he was a family friend, but I didn't like him. Don't get me wrong, he seemed nice enough, but his smile never touched his eyes. Still, he asked a lot of questions, and wanted me to tell him about the things I Saw and Felt - the very same things that got such a negative reaction from my parents. Regardless of my thoughts on him, that was a lot to build up on a young mind, and it was a relief to be able to tell someone about it.

???????? "In hindsight, I wish I'd kept my big yap shut. They decided that I was sick and needed help. I had a difficult time understanding it; I felt fine and my body was strong, so?I didn't really see where the illness came into play - at least, not at first. But there were moments when I felt like I'd stepped into a nightmare, or I'd be so confused by everyone around me that I had to retreat and be alone for a few minutes . . .

???????? "The twice-weekly sessions with Doc started then, and I was put into so many after school and weekend activities that my head spun. I think the point of it was to keep me from thinking about it too much, and to keep my mind occupied so that my imagination couldn't get the better of me. I actually didn't mind the dance or the voice lessons, but I was terrible at the piano and violin.

???????? "For a while, things seemed to improve - if you can call being exhausted and in a constant medicated haze an improvement. I did wise up enough to keep the more disturbing aspects of my 'illness' to myself, but at the same time, I'd become a time bomb. Even I'm surprised at how long I lasted, but I reached the point when enough was enough. I was so sick of it all that when I was fourteen, I went home after a ballet performance and quite calmly opened my veins with a razor blade.

???????? "Apparently, I wasn't the only one that had had enough. I don't know how I survived, but I woke up some time later to find that I'd been institutionalized. I never saw my parents again after that - not even so much as a letter or phone call. They'd washed their hands of me it seemed, and left me locked away in Stonebridge to rot. Needless to say, I had difficulty adjusting, but it wasn't all bad. I found out that I wasn't the only one dealing with this kind of thing, but most of the others had quite truly lost it by then. I even made a friend or two, though I wish I knew where they were today.

???????? "I started learning how to deal with it on my own, and even did well enough to finally get an independent evaluation; and from there, release. I don't think I'll ever grow numb to Seeing and Feeling, but I'd definitely gotten better at lying about it. I had to do what everyone else was doing though: Get down to the business of living. The mundanity of it all didn't phase me. I think it was the most normal I've ever been, even if I still had those uncertain times. Late at night was - is - usually the worst.

???????? "It was pretty daunting to have to go about doing it all on my own, but I did. I started work in a coffee shop and even managed to get my GED. I was trying to get myself ready to start some college classes, and thinking about trying to get back into dance, too. That was around the time that Agent Steele walked in and changed . . . well . . . everything. It was a wake-up call, of sorts; I became aware of things that most of the general population doesn't even know about. I started to discover a lot about my own abilities, and found out that I was capable of more than I ever dreamed. Normalcy doesn't seem to be in the cards for me, but it doesn't bother me? so much anymore. I've made good friends with others in the P.S.D., so it's not quite so lonely on the odd side of things now."me things were still the same. There was school, and there were summers and holidays and snow days . . . but I always felt different from everyone else. My parents had money, and I was an only child - but it's not as if it made much difference. I always felt like I was this huge inconvenience on their lives. Think about it: Not only did they have a kid that they didn't really even want, but a freak on top of that.

???????? "Maybe they just thought I was really morbid when I was little. How many kids have an imaginary friend with a broken neck? And what's more, how many of those kids could tell you how it happened? I'd See things, and being really young and really trusting, I'd tell my parents about it. Their reactions ranged from disinterested to horrified or disgusted - or a mix. The kicker was that it wasn't all good. A lot of it scared the living daylights out of me, and I had nightmares almost every night. To this day I don't like mirrors, but that's something else altogether.

???????? "When I was ten, my folks introduced me to Dr. Maxwell. They said he was a family friend, but I didn't like him. Don't get me wrong, he seemed nice enough, but his smile never touched his eyes. Still, he asked a lot of questions, and wanted me to tell him about the things I Saw and Felt - the very same things that got such a negative reaction from my parents. Regardless of my thoughts on him, that was a lot to build up on a young mind, and it was a relief to be able to tell someone about it.

???????? "In hindsight, I wish I'd kept my big yap shut. They decided that I was sick and needed help. I had a difficult time understanding it; I felt fine and my body was strong, so?I didn't really see where the illness came into play - at least, not at first. But there were moments when I felt like I'd stepped into a nightmare, or I'd be so confused by everyone around me that I had to retreat and be alone for a few minutes . . .

???????? "The twice-weekly sessions with Doc started then, and I was put into so many after school and weekend activities that my head spun. I think the point of it was to keep me from thinking about it too much, and to keep my mind occupied so that my imagination couldn't get the better of me. I actually didn't mind the dance or the voice lessons, but I was terrible at the piano and violin.

???????? "For a while, things seemed to improve - if you can call being exhausted and in a constant medicated haze an improvement. I did wise up enough to keep the more disturbing aspects of my 'illness' to myself, but at the same time, I'd become a time bomb. Even I'm surprised at how long I lasted, but I reached the point when enough was enough. I was so sick of it all that when I was fourteen, I went home after a ballet performance and quite calmly opened my veins with a razor blade.

???????? "Apparently, I wasn't the only one that had had enough. I don't know how I survived, but I woke up some time later to find that I'd been institutionalized. I never saw my parents again after that - not even so much as a letter or phone call. They'd washed their hands of me it seemed, and left me locked away in Stonebridge to rot. Needless to say, I had difficulty adjusting, but it wasn't all bad. I found out that I wasn't the only one dealing with this kind of thing, but most of the others had quite truly lost it by then. I even made a friend or two, though I wish I knew where they were today.

???????? "I started learning how to deal with it on my own, and even did well enough to finally get an independent evaluation; and from there, release. I don't think I'll ever grow numb to Seeing and Feeling, but I'd definitely gotten better at lying about it. I had to do what everyone else was doing though: Get down to the business of living. The mundanity of it all didn't phase me. I think it was the most normal I've ever been, even if I still had those uncertain times. Late at night was - is - usually the worst.

???????? "It was pretty daunting to have to go about doing it all on my own, but I did. I started work in a coffee shop and even managed to get my GED. I was trying to get myself ready to start some college classes, and thinking about trying to get back into dance, too. That was around the time that Agent Steele walked in and changed . . . well . . . everything. It was a wake-up call, of sorts; I became aware of things that most of the general population doesn't even know about. I started to discover a lot about my own abilities, and found out that I was capable of more than I ever dreamed. Normalcy doesn't seem to be in the cards for me, but it doesn't bother me? so much anymore. I've made good friends with others in the P.S.D., so it's not quite so lonely on the odd side of things now."

???????---- From the Diary of Eve Lizt

The room then became so quiet, one could hear a pin drop.

-TBC-