Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey There,
    My name is Lee, I'm new to this Website and I'd like to take this opportunity to oficially send everyone a HUGE hiya from me.

I've recently discovered John Partridge, and Cats for that matter and instantly became a MASSIVE fan. I am planning to go see him perform Rum Tum Yum Yum in Oct (2003) in Berlin. I've spoken to the manager at the Casting Agency and She confirmed he will be performing there until Jan/Feb 2004 - Ruth posted something about this I think.

Anyway, does anyone have any hints/tips as to how I can meet him? ...Slip in the side door, or maybe how to get my hands on a backstage pass? I've no idea how these things work. :0) Are you even allowed a camera during the performance?

Also, If anyone has any info regarding his music I want to know EvErYtHiNg! What a guy, how multi-talented is he!?!

Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon,
    Lee

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

::yay:: a new member [img]smile.gif[/img] hi!

best try would probably be to try to get to the stagedoor very very fast after the performance, and with a bit of luck you can catch him there.
    about the camera... video cams are a no-no, although people do manage to sneak them in every once in a while. I don't know whether you're allowed to take a normal camera though. If you do you're usually not allowed to take pictures during the performance (though if you have a spiffy digital camera that doesn't necessarily need flash it should be fine [img]wink.gif[/img] )

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi there..and welcome to the board! I'll be brief because I'm off to bed. Cameras aren't allowed during the show..you might be able to sneak one in, I don't think thy checked our bags in Berlin. However if you take a photo with a flash, or even without you're likely to be seen by an usher and either yelled at or have your camera confiscated until after the show ends. Better not to try taking photos during the show.

Also you won't be able to slip in the side door or anything. They have a Stage Door bloke whose job is to sign people in and out and he won't let you in unless a performer has specifically requested you be let in. Even if they have you won't be allowed past the Stage Door until they come to collect you (ahem John the forgetful bugger). There's no such thing as a backstage pass for a show.

However you can wait around outside the stage door after the show for John to come out and then just say "Excuse me, John!!" as he scurries past! He'll usually be happy to sign autographs, pose for photos with people and have a quick chat. He's a nice enough bloke!

Kate xx