Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Enough of the fluff? OK, no fluff here.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Has anybody else had it up to their eyeballs?

Hell, I liked Dubya in a sorta "Everyman" kinda way, but he is just totally fucking up.

Patriot Act, 4th Amendment goodbye, feds can come into your house without a warrant and snoop on you, no need to inform either you or a judge, police-state discretion, no big whoop.

Right to a jury trial? Fuckit, who needs that, just classify you as a "Foreign combatant" and all the pesky due process nonsense goes out the window, held without trial, held without a lawyer, held indefinately, just held held held. No big whoop, it's a friggin war dammit! Just like that other war. Carry a little too much cash around, oh, OK, just let the po-lice confiscate it, since "normal people" don't carry cash, who gives a fuck whether the money is legit or not, let the state (who gets to keep the money) decide if you are worthy of keeping it or not. No big whoop, have a beer, go back to sleep, we are looking out for your best interests, relax.

And Goddamnit, it's time for a war! We need a big war, against a real "Evil Doer" like Saddam. Who gives a shit if the INS is incapable of protecting our borders. Who gives a shit if illegal stowaways like Malvo are actually released by the INS in direct violation of immigration law so that they can snipe away at innocent Americans. And if the story gets out about how they were released from custody just say "No comment" until the story dies. Nobody gives a shit, fuckit. Who cares if our borders are wide open, we can send lots of good American sons and daughters to die on foreign soil fighting a "war" over there, while millions of who knows what kind of idiots and malcontents and terrorist just walk from Tijuana to America with nukes strapped to their nutsacks.

Fuckit, nobody cares. Go back to sleep. Better yet, turn the channel to "Everybody Loves Raymond"....you'll feel better.

My country tis of thee, I'll miss you, RIP.

Inactive Member Jack Booted Thug's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We tried to tell you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unkie dearest, I can see your conflict with exisitng laws not being enforced and you libertarian ideals of less government.

I myself am amazed daily at how fucked up the welfare laws are, having to deal with them on a day to day basis. They don't make any sense either, IMHO. I gotta wonder what some of those folks were smokin when they dreamed up some of this shit. What ever happened to our personal ethics having to be legislated anyways?

I don't understand any of it these days. Frankly, I think some of this legislation is just a reason to keep these folks in a job. What WERE they thinkin? As a fellow coworker used to tell me, "No brain, no pain". Little did I know at the time how many situations that could apply to!

No you all know, I'm no debate queen-far from it. But these days I'm thinking the libertarians have it right. Less laws, and back to the constitution and Bill of Rights-cut the goofy add-ons!

In these parts there are umpteem propositions on the ballot. Having been the victim of one two years ago, and currently paying the price for poorly thought out legislation, I have decided to vote NO on every single one of them (except Indian Gaming, cause Native Americans have been so screwed for sooo long), just because I have seen the difference in legislation and impletation. Two totally different things.

So I hear ya unkie.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Unk,

You must be reading my mind... What the HELL is little Georgie doing? Other than pissing off most of the Islamic world at US.

Government... Trust the government? Talk to the Indians...

Regarding "Sodamn Insane"... He is an idiot, however a very ingenious idiot. The plan they have for America is completely scary... give us enough to worry about at home and we will forget about Israel. So, what would keep us so busy as to do so... WMD's... on our soil... Frightening to say the least...

If it weren't for the fact that none of the countries in the Middle East get along with each other, there would have been WW III a long time ago. The simmer over there is turning into a slow boil. Expect more incidents like 9/11 and this sniper idiot in DC. I am willing to bet that there are ties to terrorists with these two DC characters.

At this point, if one of the terrorist types decides to set off a nuke here... make it DC...

Deedah, you struck a nerve...

Growlin' at the TV...

The Dog

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unk:

I think that JBT answered your question. Although there is something you might be amused by. When candidates debate around the state, it is only the Democrats and the Republicans. When they come here, which they do, everyone is invited. One of the local TV stations gives free time for all of the candidates to express their views.

The one that was amusing was the Libertarian candidate for Congress. Here is some of what he said:

I am for smaller government. The Federal Government has only two roles: These are national defense and prevention of fraud [he never explained what that meant]. Everything else should be left to local districts. There should be no social security benefits for the retired or benefits for the disabled or vets; local churches should serve those functions. Same with welfare. Drug programs should be funded by local churches. Roads; counties and cities should fund those, including the interstates. Private industry should make decisions on national trade and environmental law [guess he was thinking about Ken Lay, who is from the area and is now out of a job]. Churches should be responsible for morality in public life. He went on and on. The guy has now qualified as an official moron. Wonder why the libertarian party never wins? [img]smile.gif[/img] There is more; you should have heard what the candidates from the Green Party, the SLP and WLP had to say.

Best Wishes,,,,,,

Z

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Feel better now?

Btw, after all the money I pay into social security, it better be there when I need it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Immigration is the kernel. Once you lose control of that the constitution meant for citizens is lost in the swirl. Tough time to be a president but this one is whippin the wrong horse. But, then there's Gore. Shit.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

JBT,

Mebbe I'm a slow learner, but it took me about the same amount of time for me to begin to get fed up with Clinton, a half term or so. I do try to give folks the benefit of doubt but enough is enough. I have stated my opposing views on many of these subjects before, I think I will go back to sleep now.

Abie,

I think the Libertarians have it mostly right. We need more local control of government affairs, and less federal nonsense. Sadly, it all goes back to what "the people" are willing to put up with, a lot....too much, methinks.

Dog,

Great minds and all that, eh?

Z,

After many frustrating years I have let my Libertarian Party membership lapse. They are still the party that I feel politically most connected to, but ya gotta win before ya can do a damned thing, and they would rather be pure than be in power. Plus their open border idea is just nuts in today's world. Tim Leary where are you, I need to tune in, turn on, and drop out in order to save my sanity.

Pen Name,

I feel a little better, thank you.

Morb,

Yeah, God save us, there's always Gore! (Shudder)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

UnK, let me add some fluff to think about:

This relates a recent experience [15 min ago] to your relationship with the Libertarian Party. The ol'eyes got tired after 5 hr of graphics on the computer. Pup and I went for a walk. We heard the distant honking and then a herd of geese circled and landed on the pond. There were 10 geese and one female wood duck in the herd. She sticks with them even though she doesn't belong. Should make for interesting mating rituals next spring.

Gore [shudder]: Well I see it this way; we had a budget surplus, now we have a deficit forever; we have seen the largest transfer of wealth from the middle class to the upper class ever undertaken-ie the tax cut; we had full employment, but now the highest unemployment rate since that forged by our last Republican, trickle-down, theorist; we have the Patriot Act and the Bioterrorism Act of 2002 [you probably don't know about that one and its future impact]; we have indefinite internment of American citizens without right to charges, trial or representation; under the most recent regulation, we have the right to impound property based on an executive pronouncement [you probably haven't heard of that one either; part of my job to be up on these things]; we have terrorism and an approaching war; we have the mobilization of 1/4 million reserves coming up [you have heard about that one, I'm sure]; the other stuff I know about won't happen until after the election, so we will have to wait. I won't go on cause you know the rest.

Sure makes the Clinton years look bad. Lord knows how much worse it would be if we had elected Gore. [img]smile.gif[/img] Wait we did!

Best Wishes,,,,,

Z

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Delete: Dup

Z

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 01, 2002 04:39 PM: Message edited by: FrmlyZ ]</font>

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast