Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    From The Daily Howler, a site that tries to dispel the myth about the Liberal Biased media.

Part of a new series on the Liberial Bias in the media:

THE LOGIC OF LIBERAL BIAS (PART 1)! The Boston Globe accused Kerry of war crimes. Are you struck by their great liberal bias?

Inactive Member Peter Errington's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Kerry can be dissed by shitheads far to the right of him, or far to the left, in almost identical terms. The Globe is extremely left.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

But Peter,

Doesn't this series dispute the idea of a liberal bias in the media if a leftist newspaper disparages a leftist?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

JPB:

Peter is an ol'friend. I go back, pre-Diane, on the Yourdan board. I remember Peter from there.

I also remember what he said after the 2000 election. It was something like; the economy will grow and jobs will be a dime-a-dozen. Spending will decrease and government will stop being so intrusive. I could go and lookup his post, but I am lazy. That is ths jest of it. He predicted a heaven and not a Pandora.

Like him but don't place much trust in his views.
    [img]smile.gif[/img]

Best Wishes,,,,

Z

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Z, you have me confused with some individual who thinks opposite from me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Peter:

Sorry, if I misrepresented your viewpoint. If you remember the old board, Anita always confused you with INVAR. Maybe, I did the same. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Back to Bushes and Bush?s election [or whatever it was]. It reminds me of some other bushes. In the seventies, we ordered Mugo pines. Now this wasn?t from some fly-by-night organization; it was from a major nursery. They claimed they were genetic dwarfs; only get 3 ft high. They are now 20 ft high. We have a major snow storm coming in. The birds are roosting tail to nose in those pines. They love them.

Moral, you may not get what was advertised, but someone benefits; it just may not be you.

Best Wishes,,,,,

Z

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Z,

We are under a winter storm warning until Sunday morning. Right now it's a near white-out. I can't see across the street. In the future please aim your moldy weather at Lousville.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Z:

Any whiff of a suggestion comparing me to INVAR should not really cause any worries regarding my reaction.

BUT YOU'D BETTER WORRY ABOUT INVAR!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Z on the back peddle and not too gracefully either. Peter, my friend, I think you just managed the unmanageable.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Z,

If I may call you that. I was at the old greenspun board, lurking, with the occasional post when I found some idiotic theory in my area, databases, since August 1999, so you must have me beat. Remember Mutha Natcha? Who was she? <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor=""><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Kerry can be dissed by shitheads far to the right of him, or far to the left, in almost identical terms. The Globe is extremely left. </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>Peter, in regards to my initial post, doesn't the fact that a supposedly leftist newspaper "dissed" a leftist shoot down the idea of a liberal bias in the media, or did you not bother to read the link to the article and simply respond with a typical rightist attitude?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast