Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A few months ago, when we made the move to this board, I mentioned that I would be starting a new career. Well, the ink is dry and I can now reveal the fantastic company that I am involved with launching.

Folks, I soon won't have much time to post here, an effort like this will take up ALL of my time, but I will check in when I can.

Love you all,

Unk the regional sales consultant

http://www.smartmarx.com/

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

UnK:

"Well, the ink is dry".

Now that was a good one. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Best Wishes on your adventure,,,,,,

Z

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes Z, I suppose my phraseology was a bit ironic.

As it stands now I am the third guy involved in this venture, it is the chance of a life-time and I do not intent to let it slip through my fingers.

Best,

Unk

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unk--

Sounds like an interesting product and an exciting opportunty. Maybe good timing for such a product. Wishing you much success.

Does this mean that mom no longer has to sew those nametags on my duds for summer camp?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor=""><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The mark, which is virtually impossible to decode, uses the DNA-laced ink to tag and protect valuable products, brands and intellectual property.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>So, now you are in league with the [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Please don't let the good folks at Dennis's site see this.

Actually, seems like a pretty interesting product. In today's environment, may go over pretty well.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 11, 2002 09:25 PM: Message edited by: JustPassingBy ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good luck, Unk. [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]

Inactive Member Tricia the Canuck's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All the best to you in your new venture, Unk!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The very best of luck in your new endeavor Unkie! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Tell me do the police depts have these scanners? Also, I'm surprised there isn't some kind of "testimonials" link on the website!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hmmm...

I'm not sure how much I can relate to y'all at this point in time as this whole deal is just starting out. Suffice it to say that this technology is well proven in industrial and commercial markets, it's just that it has not yet been marketed towards the consumer/retail level. It's completely new in that respect.

Abie,

The police angle is one that will, and is being, addressed... also the pawn shop angle. As it stands now this is an entirely new technology to the retail consumer, and we (the company, *as I am a team player*) will have about six thousand irons in the fire at one time. I'm going to be a busy boy. However, consider this, if your property is stolen now, without this DNA based marking and it's accompanying database, what recourse do you have in recovering your stolen property? In the vast majority of cases the answer is; none! Millions and millions of dollars worth of stolen items end up in police impound custody with absolutely no way to figure out who owns that property. For a few bucks per item you have a new recourse to the recovery of your stolen property, a course that before now did not exist.

Again, I am not sure just what I am allowed to say at this point in time, but there are *some* major league sports and intellectual property franchises (art prints and the like) who are using this technology to verify the authenticity of their memorabilia and products.

This is just the begining. Hopefully, the begining of something very big.

I've been self-employed for most of my adult life, and I know better than to expect that this product will be welcomed with open arms and with no objections/questions. Hell, Bill Gates faced the same situation at one time in his career..."Why would anyone need a computer in their home?"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

PS,

I envision the day that the mere presence of a "Warning, the property in this home is marked with Smartmarx DNA technology" sticker on the front door is enough to deter thieves.

Then, I'll go fishing, and drink beer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast