Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello to all. I am a new member and new to Vitavox. (I have Tannoy and Spendor speakers). I am the very fortunate recipient of one each of the above components and would like to make a stereo pair. The bass driver is in a standard bass reflex box with a Vitavox crossover inside. The S2 and horn (not sure which model) is bolted on top. If anyone has for sale, or knows of the whereabouts of any of the above units, I would love to hear about them. (Will buy or trade). In the meantime, I have my system connected to an SET monoblock amp (homemade) and I'm half way to heaven! Thanks, Andrew

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by AndyGrandy:
    Hello to all. I am a new member and new to Vitavox. (I have Tannoy and Spendor speakers). I am the very fortunate recipient of one each of the above components and would like to make a stereo pair. The bass driver is in a standard bass reflex box with a Vitavox crossover inside. The S2 and horn (not sure which model) is bolted on top. If anyone has for sale, or knows of the whereabouts of any of the above units, I would love to hear about them. (Will buy or trade). In the meantime, I have my system connected to an SET monoblock amp (homemade) and I'm half way to heaven! Thanks, Andrew
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">A pic or two will help in identifying what horn you have.

Inactive Member Andrew B Gransden's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My interest lies soley in high end audio. Romy, you may know a lot about this topic but nothing you have said to date reflects this and what you have said does not belong in a high end audio forum. I joined this group looking for intelligent discussion on Vitavox products and so far have seen only vitriol from one obviously embittered individual. I suppose I can sign off as easily as I signed on but that defeats the purpose of these forums. Please, unless your posting furthers the interests of the members, please keep it to your self. Where's the moderator in all of this?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 28, 2004 10:53 AM: Message edited by: Romy the Cat ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello Andy,

Congratulations on acquiring the Vitavox units you have. It seems you are already appreciating the very real qualities these designs offer. With regard to obtaining more I can only suggest that you register Vitavox as a search term on ebay and see what comes up. S2?s and the bass drivers are offered for sale quite regularly. I bought my S2?s in this way. You might also try visiting http://www.emporiumhifi.com/ He usually has some Vitavox items for sale.

Romy means well and has obviously had rough treatment at the hands of AA users in the past for some reason. His aggressive current style cannot mask the fact that he cares deeply about music and is working hard to try to get the best from both the S2?s and the bass drivers. Persevere. He is a source of useful insight and information.

Most S2?s I have seen for sale are coupled to either the 4 cell RH330 330Hz cast aluminium horn or something similar without the cell divisions. The handmade 220 Hz multicell horns are probably a better if larger and more expensive alternative. Ultimately I believe you will also need tweeters. I use the Alnico version of the JBL 2405?s which can be made to blend in very well with the S2?s top end. I am sure there are alternatives but I haven?t tried.them.

What you will possibly need to do is to find a better solution in which to apply your bass driver(s).
    Vitavox used to manufacture a version of the Klipschorn called the System 191. I don?t know how different the 191 is from the Klipschorn. Not very, I would suggest. Klipschorn drawings can be found so something along those lines could be manufactured. I recently acquired some Vitavox Oracle cabinets which are a smaller front loaded bass horn configured in a way similar to the bass horns Peter Empson describes on his page at http://website.lineone.net/~empson/

If space is limited, as it is for me, this approach may be more suitable. We would all like 10 ft straight bass horns but domestic considerations often don?t allow for it!

I don?t believe I?ve heard better midrange performance from any speaker system than that I can get from the S2?s and I?ve listened to quite a few speakers here and there. It is definitely worth finding a way to get that performance and extending it?s quality across a wider bandwidth by using a bass horn and a suitable tweeter.

Best regards,

Guy Sergeant

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks very much Guy. And apologies to Romy if he is still tuned in, if I judged you too hastily. I am eager to learn all there is to learn about the Vitavox story and appreciate all contributions. I have indeed set an ebay search for the units I'm after and my blood starts t pound when I get a hit! So far though, no S2 or K 15-40. I'm encouraged to hear that they do show up with some regularity. I wonder if that is singly or in pairs...? I'm curious also about the addition of a tweeter. What do people use and what sort of crossover?
    Andrew

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Andrew,

I may be able to help with CN232 crossover 500hz.
    Romy is right to be powerful in is statement. This is only a forum were your can share your opinion. You may be a bit more !!!!! but the message will not be as clear.
    Be prepaired to buy a full pair. You never know you could have spares like this.

Regards,

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by guyser:
    Hello Andy,
    I recently acquired some Vitavox Oracle cabinets which are a smaller front loaded bass horn configured in a way similar to the bass horns Peter Empson describes on his page at
    Guy Sergeant
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Guy, can you please describe your Oracle cabinet VS the Thunderbolt?
    I am very interested, please send me a PM if you prefer

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Is it possible to post pictures on this site and if so how do I go about it? I would like to have my horn (attached to the S2) identified. Thanks, Andrew

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Andy,

I use 2405's & find them excellent. As for the crossover, I recommend crossing at about 5k with a 12 db slope.

As for attaching the picture, you'll need somewhere to host it before you can link it here. Send Peter Empson (Admin & owner) a message on this & he may be able to help you.

Regards,

Ken S

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast