I just got two books: Unearthed Arcana and Complete Warrior.

The former is all about fighting..and not just for fighters. Marren, your paladin feats are in there, though maybe upgraded because this book was written post 3.5. It seems to have all the feats that are fighter oriented from all other splat books, and so I can now check up on you all as well. It also allows you to play some very varied prestige classes.

The Arcana has alternative rules, some of which are very interesting. Traits give one benefits in some areas while taking from others. Flaws are all bad, but by taking them you get free feats to compensate. Every PC race now has extra subraces: Aquatic, Jungle, Desert and Arctic. I may not allow the aquatic races to be used, but I can certainly see us having desert elves, jungle gnomes and arctic dwarves in out game. Other novel ideas include item familiars.. items that grow in power as you do, because they are tuned to you (FALO people think Elfstone!)

If anyone has interest in applying such new ideas to their current characters, or future characters, let me know. We may be able to spruce up the game a bit with some ofthis stuff.