Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

The Battle with the 3 Ochre Jellies continued, and the party continued to do minimal damage with their torches. With their spells exhausted, and Ravensong creating a fourth with Ogdell's staff, it was time to run away..and so they did.

They took refuge in the abandoned miners' camp, and the rangers went out and found a wild goat for dinner while the mage studied and rested.

The party was just settling in for the night when a wandering ogre and his pet worg came upon the party and was dispatched with little effort and little injury. The 140 golden falcons, wheel of cheese and skin of wine came in handy. There was cheese for breakfast.

In the middle of the night, Ravensong heard some noise on the outskirts of camp, but was unable to find anything.

There was great debate the next morning regarding the direction to take. Ravensong took off into the mountains out of boredom and frustration, and then Neanthyl decided to track. He and Caela managed to find a path of iron shod boots that led all the way to a well fortified, thanks to Gaea, lair.

The orcs did not attack, but threatened and menaced. The Barbarian and orc-hating ranger had other plans, and the battle was quick. Thirty pieces of gold were found, along with a Masterworks Dagger (yet to be distributed, but looted by Caela).

Passing along a steep walled gully, the party was ambushed by a hail of javelins, most of the party taking some damage. They reached a cave, safe from the missiles, but then faced several more orcs, whom they either killed or put to sleep with Ogdell's magic.

That's when the fireball struck, taking out the young wizard and wounding the rest of the group.

A Half Orc appeared, armed to the teeth and looking like he meant business. Behind him, in the shadows, lurked another, whom the party assumed was the spell caster.

The orc man went on in righteous indignation about trespass and past wrongs. The party, conflicted as to whether to parlay or attack outright, stalled long enough for the Druid to revive Ogdell.

~ Continued on 8/27/4 ~

Caela, Neanthyl, Ogdell & Ravensong each earned 900 xp

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

My availability to play at this time is very tenuous, and I cannot even provide much advance notice in either direction. This Friday, for example, I may be working . . . and if I am working, it may prevent me from playing.
    I apologize to all for the massive inconvenience this causes. I hope to normalize in the near future.