Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have over 500 cookbooks in my collection (like ya wouldn't have guessed-LOL!). And something I've never mentioned is that I collect local Native American art - baskets, kachinas, weavings, paintings. Oh yeah, and in keeping with family tradition and the natural surroundings here, I am a packrat! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OK, here's another little "getting to know you better" exercise. Tell the forum something about yourself that we don't know, or wouldn't guess. (Please, Unk, if you're a tranvestite, I still don't want to know) [img]eek.gif[/img]

As for me, I have collected antique Japanese netsuke for twenty years, and have a respectable little gathering of them. In traditional Samuri dress, women carried small items in their kimono sleeves, but men did not have pockets. So the men carried money or medication, or whatever, in little pouches or boxes on a cord looped through their waistband.

On the end of the cord would be a small toggle to keep it from slipping back through. This would be carved from bone or ivory or wood, or other material, and could be quite fancifull. Many were comic characters or of folkloric origin. In the formal world of the male Samuri, it was a tiny acceptable symbol of frivilous humor.

Your turn................

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hey, what gives? I corrected my spelling -transvestite, Samurai, etc.- but it didn't change. Man, I spell badly enough without any help from the software!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am addicted to 12-step recovery groups.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have been on these sites since the mid-90?s. I know most of these people so I have few secrets. There is one:

This deals with pup. Pup has a small bladder and has to be taken outside every 4 hours. This morning was a clear, humid and warm morning. The kind you only get just before the next deluge [if you have lived in the center of the country you will know what I mean; the calm before the storm]. It was deathly quiet. As we walked along the edge of the pond, we heard a low roar to the west. It got louder and louder. Then, they appeared. Four B-52?s, flying wing to wing, at only a few thousand feet. These things shake the ground. What did pup do? He barked and started jumping at them. [This must be a pup-based anti-aircraft module]. It was like standing next to a pogo stick. Then, there was the barking and growling. Now, he has gone after ducks and geese before, but they are smaller and only 100 ft in the air. My sitting on the ground laughing problably didn't help a whole lot.

I think pup has, either serious mental problems, or a sense of self-confidence that few could imagine.

Best Wishes,,,,,

Z

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have been on these sites since the mid-90?s. I know most of these people so I have few secrets. There is one:

This deals with pup. Pup has a small bladder and has to be taken outside every 4 hours. This morning was a clear, humid and warm morning. The kind you only get just before the next deluge [if you have lived in the center of the country you will know what I mean; the calm before the storm]. It was deathly quiet. As we walked along the edge of the pond, we heard a low roar to the west. It got louder and louder. Then, they appeared. Four B-52?s, flying wing to wing, at only a few thousand feet. These things shake the ground. What did pup do? He barked and started jumping at them. [This must be a pup-based anti-aircraft module]. It was like standing next to a pogo stick. Then, there was the barking and growling. Now, he has gone after ducks and geese before, but they are smaller and only 100 ft in the air. My sitting on the ground laughing problably didn't help a whole lot.

I think pup has, either serious mental problems, or a sense of self-confidence that few could imagine.

Best Wishes,,,,,

Z

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It seems that many of my posts are duplicated. I don't have a clue as to why the last one was duplicated. Oh, well. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] The software has a higher opinion of my posts than I do.

[img]cool.gif[/img]

Best Wishes,,,,,,

Z

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by FrmlyZ:
    The software has a higher opinion of my posts than I do.
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Ridiculous. Nobody could have a higher opinion of your posts than you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't have fleas.

Scratchin' an itch...

The Dog

Follows