Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bran, you know as well as I do that I pretty much worship Zakk Wylde. Imagine my surprise, though, when I saw this. Now, if you listen to to the whole thing, you 'll know where this is coming from. Basically this guy asks Zakk about Mike Piazza and the rumors that Mike was gay, and asks him if he "ever hooked up with him" Zakk blew up and threatened the guy, and later on, he wonders "if Zakk's a homophobe or what."

Now, I've met Zakk, and he is a genuine nice guy. He's all about respect, and to me, this question was disrespectful to him because it was about one of his friends. Mike Piazza, for your information, is a godfather to Zakk's newborn son. SO I think, because it's been a while since this whole "Mike Piazza's gay" thing blew over, Zakk just got tired of hearing about it, and I also think the interviewer went over the line.

What do you think? I think Zakk was right in blowing up, simply because I've been in his position. I have several gay friends (obviously), and I know how it feels to be asked questions like that, and I blow up sometimes myself.

Comments, anyone?

<font color="#884847" size="1">[ August 28, 2002 07:57 AM: Message edited by: Firebird98 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

The link didn't work so I couldn't read it, but I could see an argument that the interviewer got pushy and rude with the questions. I don't understand the media's desire for pointless gossip.

What I hope for one day is a society that doesn't care if you're gay or not. Then, sports figures, celebrities, etc. wouldn't have to "defend" themselves. It pisses me off that being gay or being percieved gay can still hurt one's career.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

http://www.metal-sludge.com/ZakkAttack.htm

this is the link to the site, there's a mp3 of the interview, if that helps.

And Bran, my love, you SIMPLY must tell me where you found these fabulous STP icons, especailly the Katchoo in a bed sheet one...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    She can't ....tee hee hee [img]smile.gif[/img]

Good News Flakeski [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I won one auction and got the "Molly Pooh"
    issue...I'm still waiting for them to come through
    the post though.

<font color="#884847" size="1">[ August 30, 2002 08:02 PM: Message edited by: stingger ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Arrived today....got issues #39 - #47 coming
    soon.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yep, stingger found the icons (I think at the SIP website). So, all thanks to him. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hope you like the issues, stingger. I LOVE SIP and think you'll enjoy it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

I agree, it's pathetic when a media person strays over the boundry of 'news' into the cesspool of 'gossip'. If I were in Zakk's shoes, I show the interviewer the door. Possibly, I'd even open it before I threw him through it...

Remember when Connie Chung asked Newt Gingrich's MOM what she thought about Hillary Clinton? Promising 'off the record' and 'just between you and me', then broadcasting it as a 'big story'? Now THAT was truely disgusting. Same idea as above, crossing the lines of decent behaviour.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello Mr.Cats [img]smile.gif[/img]

I can't remeber where I found them lol
    I do remember they were screaming out to be converted...with the Stingger touch.

I did find a SIP theme for windows & an interesting site for comics in general at

http://pc59te.dte.uma.es/cdb/index.htm

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Personaly I think Zakk should have put his gibson throught the guys skull. I got to hear the whole interview and the reporter was WAY out of line, IMO

Branflakes:
    What I hope for one day is a society that doesn't care if you're gay or not. Then, sports figures, celebrities, etc. wouldn't have to "defend" themselves. It pisses me off that being gay or being percieved gay can still hurt one's career

I also see what you mean by that Bran, and i agree.

<font color="#884847" size="1">[ September 05, 2002 06:51 PM: Message edited by: Ski ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can't stand reporters that think simply because they work for a radio/tv station/newspaper or whatever means they can get away with prying into people's lives and calling it news. It's pretty pathetic that there are enough idiots in the world that actually read that shit that keeps the so-called reporters digging. I may or may not care about Zakk's next album or Mike's batting performance, but I sure as shit don't give a fuck about there personal lives much less their sexual orientation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast