Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Citing creative differences, SatireWire's founder and sole employee, Andrew Marlatt, announced that as of today, the site will no longer be updated.

Unlike everything else on the site, this is not a joke. Not even the "creative differences" part.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Link to story: SatireWire Has Landed

Sad day. At least the Onion is still around.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have seen satire.wire a few times bur not enough to have a feel for it. Maybe he can get a job with the Onion.

I don't see how any of these online pubs stay solvent. The advertising doesn't cover it. Salon.com had to restrict the free online content. They may go bankrupt too. Maybe these ventures are labors of love. I know the bloggers do it for the "fun" or as a loss-leader for their books and mag pieces.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by larsguy:
    I have seen satire.wire a few times bur not enough to have a feel for it. Maybe he can get a job with the Onion.
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
    According to the article, he doesn't seem to want a job with the Onion. He wants to spend more time with his family.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by larsguy:
    I don't see how any of these online pubs stay solvent. The advertising doesn't cover it. </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Actually, according to the article, not only did the advertising keep him solvent, he was actually making good money on this venture.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I guess he just had satirical burnout.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I guess he just had satirical burnout.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Why not just read the article? Then you won't have to guess.