Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This came up at a recent internet gathering when one person posed the question to an RN who said "What would you tell me if I found out I had cancer?". The respondent told the poster that "I would ask you what did you do to get here and what would you do in your life to change it?" And then she asked her, "even if that were not the diagnosis, what would you do differently in your life even if you didn't have cancer?"

I have been asking myself that question lately, about what I could do differently in my, if I gave myself the freedom to act and move independently, What would I change that I have not changed?

I have been given the opportunity to move to the PNW and find a new life. But I can do that here if I so choose. And yet, there are those in the PNW that call my very essence.

It is cold there, in comparison to here. And much in the way of possessions to sort thru if I move. But my soul is drawn to that place of perpetual green, and the hope of a new life, and new beginnings.

Any thoughts friends? [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bee:

"And yet, there are those in the PNW that call my very essence."

"Baby, sweet baby, you're my drug
    Come on and let me taste your stuff

Baby, sweet baby, bring me your gift
    What surprise you gonna hit me with

I am waiting here for more
    I am waiting by your door
    I am waiting on your back steps
    I am waiting in my car
    I am waiting at this bar
    I am waiting for your ESSENCE."

Lucinda Williams

Depends on what you mean? Since you talk about green, I assume that you mean somewhere near the coast; cause east of the mountains, it isn't green.

I spend a lot of time in them parts. It is colder than Tuck-son [I have been told that people in Arizona will enjoy the cold weather in hell ], but it doesn't get cold near the coast. As a matter of fact, the weather is very boring. It never gets cold and it never gets warm. This time of the year the highs and lows vary by about 2 degrees. It seldom rains, just this mist; over and over. If you go north to Fidalgo and into the islands; it is quite dry. Twenty-six inches per year on Fidalgo. Less than 10 inches per year on parts of some of the San Juans.

Enough about the weather. It is a nice place, but too placid for my youth. When I retire, we will probably move there. That is where all of my family and close friends live. You need to discover your own ESSENCE. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Best Wishes,,,,,

Z

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 20, 2002 02:07 PM: Message edited by: FrmlyZ ]</font>

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 20, 2002 02:10 PM: Message edited by: FrmlyZ ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bee, go.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I do believe it's time for you to pursue a new life, I'm just not sure that's the place for you to go. I can't see anything there but a dead-end. That being said, whatever you decide, I'll stand beside you and always be your friend. (((Aunt Bee)))

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you don't go you'll be stuck with years of the resentment that always go with second guessing ones self. It's time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ditto Morbius, Pammy, Helen. Do it girl, you deserve to be happy.

Aunt Sally just died. She was a great ol' Irish gal, and a hell of a good cook, and just an all around lovable lady. We buried her this past Thursday. She was Dad's sister, who we buried in May, and she was the mother of Cousin Sally, who we buried last June. Does that say anything to you? It should.

Life is so, so, so, SO effing short Abie. Don't end up kicking yourself over things that you didn't do. DO THEM!! NOW!!!

(edited to add the following)

Abie,

My past year or so has been filled with such wonderful good things. And it has also been filled with such rending heartache I cannot describe. Putting our first born son (Washington) to sleep, my mom's brain aneurysm, the loss of so many loved ones...so many many things that were so sad, I think I honestly cried more this year than I have since I was screaming for a bottle in my crib.

But

I have come out of it more determined than ever to live each day counting my blessings, and to live each day thankful for what good there is in my life, mostly, however, I have found a new attitude about actually getting out there and LIVING. Tis one of the reasons I haven't been around so much as I used to be.

Go Abie

Chase a dream, don't let it slip away!!

Hugz and kisses,

Yer Unk

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 21, 2002 10:39 PM: Message edited by: Uncle Deedah ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unk [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (((Unk))) [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeppers Unk, there are events that do wake us up, sota speak. Lessons learned and philosophies born that change us now and long into the future, ideologies that morph us into the people we will become. Problem is...those little lessons are a fuckin' pain in the ass with alot of heartache attatched.

B, my friend, chase your desires and capture your dreams. At the end of the day you only have yourself to thank or to blame for the state of your condition, that's why God made tomorrow and tonight for sleeping on it.

Life IS too short, unless your caught up in the long struggle to just justify today...and then it's all fer naught anyways.

There is a time when this life is all about you and no one else, you have a good head on your shoulders and a shitload of common sense...walk slow, smile big and laugh loud but then again....you know that.

Love cappy : )

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

AB,

Are Tucson and PNW your only options?

I don't know your situation but it sounds like you want a change. Still, don't be too quick to throw away the friends and places that you know and love. They are not easily replaced. Can you visit the new place for awhile?

Are you sure that your reasons for moving are "place" related? Excuse the cliche, but "the first person you meet at a new place is yourself".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast