Thread: She's Ba-a-a-ack! (for a while anyway)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Hey, y'all,

I've got a required computer class (yes, in a culinary program) so for at least the next semester I've got Internet access! Whoo-hoo! I should be able to be on once or twice a week, so you'll be hearing from me a bit.

Let's see, what news? I made it through second semester relatively healthily (is that a word?), which is to say in one try. Third is promising to be the most fun yet. We get Meat Analysis (hacking apart various carcasses [img]eek.gif[/img] ), Wine (tasting of at 7:30 AM, no less [img]confused.gif[/img] ), Garde Manger (which is basically all the cold stuff out of a kitchen, [img]cool.gif[/img] including how to make hot dogs even), Nutrition (OK, it can't all be giggles [img]frown.gif[/img] ) and COMAP 101, which is basically beginning MS Office (see previous, but I get Net access (she repeats), whoo-hoo).

I'm forty-one now, as of two weeks ago. Andrew and I are planning on big birthday bashes next year as it will be 'twenty-one again'. Critter (my pick-up) is currently waiting on an exhaust manifold, but his carburator is replaced (I hate the Santa Barbara bus system, but it's better than walking, I suppose). I'm working in the service deli at Von's (a local grocery chain, part of Safeway's). It's OK, but I'm looking forward to the next job. Oh, I'm currently working on a treatment for a TV pilot. I've got act 1 almost done, which means the whole thing's about 1/4 finished. My novel's currently on hold, but still in the works.

How's everyone else doing?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

*GLOMP*

Glad to see you're back for awhile!!! Sounds like everything's going good for you. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Working on a TV pilot, huh? I had no idea you were a writer (or maybe I did and it just slipped my mind). Hope it keeps developing well.

Things on my end are good. My flag football team is doing very well and this weekend we have our playoffs and championship game. I'm hoping we can win it again.

My book is going well, just can't believe it has taken this long to rewrite it. I'm almost done with some chapters I'm adding, then there will be one last quick, edit before submitting to a contest and to agents.

My computer job is going well. We've been busy for so early in the year, which is good, considering the economy.

Glad to have you back, Terygon. [img]smile.gif[/img]