Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well summer is coming on; most of our family and friends live in western Oregon or Washington. I will fly there in June on business; gawd I hate to fly. After that we have the trip to visit family and friends.

We are contemplating a new tact. When we go to visit family and friends, my wife will fly out. Pup and I have discussed the alternatives. Pup [born and bred in the midwest] wants to see mountains and lick salt water. I said we will see what we can come up with.

The new Explorer will have about 3000 on it by then. We can take our laptop, cameras, dog food and do a travel with Pup. Visit all of the areas that we lived in when we were young and let Pup lick some salt water. We can spend a few days with relatives and drive back by a different route and visit some of our other old haunts. All together we could cover parts of Kansas, Colorado, Utah, Oregon, Washington,Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and Nebraska and the Dakota's. We would miss ol' haunts in CA, Arizona and NM.

If we put it together, I will post some photos.

Best Wishes,,,,

Z

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Z,

It sounds like a great plan, be sure to take the pup with you. If you drive through Jackson Hole, WY, wave hello to my dad.

Does anyone remember those 45 records we had to cut out from the cereal boxes, that were warped and wobbled when they played? And who cares about the cereal left in the box and that it's pouring out the side and mom will be mad. Man, I was just thinking about them today. Weird. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Inactive Member Tricia the Canuck's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like a good time, Z. Aunt Bee and I are planning to meet up in Washington in July - wanna try to connect with us? Pammy Sue was planning to come too, but it looks like some unexpected hiccups in her plans are going to prevent her [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tricia:

Thanks for the invite. I would love to meet some of you folks. Unfortunately, I won't be in the country in July.

I will be in the PNW in June; but I will be in the glitter capitals. Bend, Walla Walla and Okanogan county. I won't be back until sometime in August.

Cin: pup yes. It would be his trip. He is an Aussie and all he has to herd is cats; although he has tried to herd the wild turkey. He has that look that border collies have; I think they call it the wolf stare. Scares the hell out of the turkey. He wants to try to herd salmon. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Best Wishes,,,,,

Z

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes cin, I remember them.

You freak me out girl...but in a good way, heehee.

Yeah, I remember those "records"

Damned if I can remember the cereal, but I do remember those silly assed "records".

But then, I'm weird

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cin:

Normal is over-rated. Weird is O.K., but you are a very young thing. Somewhere in the boxes of crap I brought back when my parents passed away are the same kind of records; except they are 78's. Even have some that the grandparents saved from the early 1900's. Played a few and the sound is awful. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Best Wishes,,,,,,,

Z