Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Things seem kinda dull, so perhaps some political debate might spice things up?

I for one WILL vote for George W. Bush because he's a man of values and strength, who doesn't pick a side AFTER he reads the polls and does what he promises. His policies have made this country and the world safer, and he's a great president through and through. Anyone agree or disagree?

And keep in mind, we've heard all the jokes (Bush is dumb, Kerry has botox), so if you want to argue, try to bring relevant points to the discussion instead of playing on what some comic said on Comedy Central. Also, try to stay away from 'allegations' like the crap from "Fahrenheit 9/11." (side note, Michael Moore was voted the "most offensive person in America by 69%, on a poll of 900,000 people [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

All in all, as President Bush would say, "BRING IT ON!"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

While I agree with you in terms of current dullness around this place, I still don?t consider a political topic too much of a good idea. That?s mainly because I suppose that there are quite some readers and / or forum posters who, like me, are not eligible for voting in the US - so it?s not a topic of general interest for everybody -, and partly because I consider political attitude a question of belief, hence, if you?re serious about it, nobody will change anybody?s opinion here. But of course that?s just my impression of it. Feel free to talk about whatever you want - unless, of course, Eto or Echo disapprove of it - but, as you already mentioned, if you really talk politics, please be as factual as possible, spare your fellow forum members any possibly insulting statements and respect each others point of view. At least I would recommend that. About Fahrenheit 9/11, of course it?s propaganda. But there is propaganda on either side, and Moore is definitely not the only person using allegations.
    Well, have a nice day, friends, and please refrain from flame wars.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 12, 2004 02:57 AM: Message edited by: Ellian ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

There is a saying: There are two things you never discuss with friends, and those two things are religion and politics. I let the first one slide by once, but I would rather this topic end.

Forgive me for killing an opportunity for more conversation on this poor dead board, but I don't think any good can come of a political debate, especially given that, as Ellian mentioned, I have a lot of non-U.S. citizens who read Mory, and this is just boring gossip to them. Also, I know for a fact a good number of Mory readers are also underage. I also find the dynamics of this election to be something best not discussed amongst friends.

I know, I am a tyrant of evil porportions. But I'm sure there's a million other places on the net to safely discuss politics. It doesn't need to be here.