Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi all,
    I've finally finished the latest update to the site and its just gone online.

Sorry to all of those who sent me images and text that its taken so long, however once I got started on it I got a bit carried away and now most of the pages have been updated!

There's really rather too much new stuff to list, however there are some more excellent owners systems featured, quite a few new brochures including S2's and CN191's (including a manual for the latter).
    There are also some pics of the more recent editions to my collection, including mics, naval drivers and my latest set of S3's.
    Plus a circuit diagram added for the CN458 crossover, some more Dukane horns pics & speaker systems, the list goes on...

Its quite likely that I've forgotten to add somethings, so if you can't see any info or pics you've sent me please let me know and I'll add them straight away.

Also if you spot any mistakes please let me know as there are bound to be a few that have crept in.
    Best regards,
    Peter.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Ken,
    I look forward to seeing what you've been up to, and also adding it to the site [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Best regards,
    Peter.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 24, 2005 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Peter Empson ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Peter,

Excellent update!

I've revamped my system as well, as can be seen in my avatar. I'll write something up & email it to you in a day or two.

Ken

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 24, 2005 12:42 PM: Message edited by: Datubie ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Peter,

Sent you thee update a couple of days ago. Hope you received it.

Regards,

Ken

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Ken,
    Sorry, rather busy weekend so didn't get a chance to reply.
    Thanks for your work on this. Your new system looks great, the preamp is particularly interesting!

I'm adding the details into the site at the moment and will upload it later tonight if I get the chance.
    Edited: Its online now, didn't take as long as I thought!
    Best regards,
    Peter.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ May 03, 2005 03:29 PM: Message edited by: Peter Empson ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ken, sexy looking insulation and your Multicells are beautiful

Some comments:

1) Onken do not work anywhere but in the upper bass in particularly. I would be very hesitant to let them to run above 60Hz. You let them run to 250Hz?. this is VERY bold.
    2) Do NOT worry about the SACD-capable tweeters ? this is all BS. If your tweeters do 14K and you feel that you have not enough HF then trash your amps or the?woofers but do not blame the tweeters.
    3) Altec 290 is quite stressed at 250H and your lower MF horns do not handle such a low frequency.
    4) I feel that you crossed your tweeters too low. I would suggest moving above 10K as the fully charged 288 will go in there.
    5) Considering that you have 4-amps and no irresolvable delay problems I would very strongly encourage you to trash the D-crossover and to go line level passive.

Rgs,
    The caT

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Firstly, I must admit that I decided to try out this configuration not because I heard & liked it, but because it just looks sexy!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] It was because of all those MJ magazines!!!

1) Guess I'll have to try this out myself.

2) Oh I have enough HF with the 2405's alright. Just got the Ionovacs tp try out... May like them or not, will have to see.

3) I do have my suspicions about performance the 290/multicell combo, but that's all I have for now. Might consider a front loaded 10" or 12" to replace.

4) Will try moving them upwards.

5) The digital crossover is only there to aid tuning. Once I'm reasonalby satisfied I will go line level passive.

Ken

Originally posted by Romy the Cat:
    Ken, sexy looking insulation and your Multicells are beautiful

Some comments:

1) Onken do not work anywhere but in the upper bass in particularly. I would be very hesitant to let them to run above 60Hz. You let them run to 250Hz?. this is VERY bold.
    2) Do NOT worry about the SACD-capable tweeters ? this is all BS. If your tweeters do 14K and you feel that you have not enough HF then trash your amps or the?woofers but do not blame the tweeters.
    3) Altec 290 is quite stressed at 250H and your lower MF horns do not handle such a low frequency.
    4) I feel that you crossed your tweeters too low. I would suggest moving above 10K as the fully charged 288 will go in there.
    5) Considering that you have 4-amps and no irresolvable delay problems I would very strongly encourage you to trash the D-crossover and to go line level passive.

Rgs,
    The caT
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ken, do you have that model of the multicell that weight hundreds pounds and have the internal sand-filed cavities. Those horns are amassing; I do not know how about sound but the design-wise they are very ?kinky?. It would be very interesting to load such a horn with S2 driver and to see how it behaves. BTW, Vitavox did in past some plastic suspension diaphragms with ?clear? surround and those cones can take a LOT of high power LF abuse. Those 18 section 250Hz horn are very-very menacing and muscular and I would also play with them because the appearance, although I intellectually perfectly understand that it is very foolish thing to do...

The caT

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They are model 531 (CN129) 220Hz horns And yes, they are particulate filled; cork or wood dust I believe. Now that you mention it.... It just might be possible to pop off the soldered in access panel, dump out the cork & replace with sand. Hmmm....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Datubie:
    They are model 531 (CN129) 220Hz horns And yes, they are particulate filled; cork or wood dust I believe. Now that you mention it.... It just might be possible to pop off the soldered in access panel, dump out the cork & replace with sand. Hmmm....
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It is what Altec did with their 1803B model. Be crateful those as it will weight 300 pounds easily and it will be very-very bulky. If your Feline jumps atop of this thing then it will be end of the power amplifier that sit on the floor next to the loudspeakers. I almost killed like this one amp?

The caT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast