Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey there,

I can't wait this the site gets up.

I'm using Vitavox Type 531 horns with BAF compression drivers and Vitavox K15/40 woofers in Onken/Jensen Ultraflex LF enclosures. Must say they are excellent!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Datubie,
    Thanks for the post.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the delay in getting the site up and running. I would also like to thank everyone for their kind emails of encouragment. I am getting there slowly, I promise!!!

Datubie, your system sounds very interesting. How are you driving it? Bi amped or with attenuation on the horns?

PS there are a couple of very interesting posts by Guyser on this forum, however the host automatically defaults to only showing the posts within the last 20 days. To see them all just change the pull down tab on the main page.

Best regards,
    Peter.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Peter,

I'm currently using DIY 300B SET amps with attenuation on the horns. The crossovers (Also DIY) are crossed at about 400hz and have an adjustable slope.
    I'm in the process of putting stuff together for a tri amp setup. I already have a SET 45 for my JBL 2405 tweeters, the aforementioned 300B amp wiill drive the horns and the next amp I build will probably be based on the GM70 for the Onkens. I'm now looking at the Behringer digital crossover for the signal splitting.

If you need pics for your site, just let me know.

Regerds,

Ken

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 22, 2003 08:59 PM: Message edited by: Datubie ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Ken,
    Do you know how much attenuation you're using at the moment? I'm just curious to know how efficient the K15/40 is in an Onken style enclosure.

I would certainly appreciate pics (and even some text if possible - even just captions to go with the images would be fine) from anyone who uses Vitavox speakers (whether diy or in a commercial system) that I can put on a Vitavox owners page.
    The number of different configurations we are all running should be fascinating to see.

Best regards,
    Peter.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Peter,

The crossovers also feature adjustable volume as well as the crossover slope. I just simply adjust the knobs to my liking and so I'm unable to give you a fixed figure.

I'll do some tidying & I'll get those pics+text for you soon.