Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For those who will be visiting the fair city of Houston for the Superbowl in January:
    ~ ~
    ~ ~ 1. You must learn to pronounce the city name. It is "Ewe-stun", not "Huestun." Oh yea, it is pronounced "San Phal-ee-pay," not "San Phil-eep"= (San Felipe).
    ~ ~
    ~ ~ 2. Forget the traffic rules you learned elsewhere. Houston has its own version of traffic rules...Hold on and pray. There is no such thing as a dangerous high-speed chase in Houston. We all drive like that.
    ~ ~
    ~ ~ 3. All directions start with, "Go down to Loop 610".... which has no beginning and no end.
    ~ ~
    ~ ~ 4. The Chamber of Commerce calls getting through traffic a "Scenic Drive."
    ~ ~
    ~ ~ 5. The morning rush hour is from 6:00AM to 10:00AM. The evening rush hour is from 3:00PM to 7:00PM. Friday's rush hour starts Thursday morning.
    = =
    ~ ~ 6. If you actually stop at a yellow light, you will be rear-ended, cussed out and possibly shot. When you are the first one off the starting line, count to five when the light turns green before going, to avoid getting creamed by the cross-traffic.
    ~ ~
    ~ ~ 7. Kuykendahl Road can ONLY be pronounced by a native Houstonian.
    ~ ~
    ~ ~ 8. Construction on I-10, I-45, US 59 and Loop 610 is a way of life and a permanent form of entertainment.
    ~ ~
    ~ ~ 9. All unexplained smells are explained by the phrase, "Oh, we must be in Pasadena"
    ~ ~
    ~ ~ 10.If someone actually has their turn signal on, it is probably a factory defect.
    ~ ~
    ~ ~ 11.All Suburbans have total right-of-way.
    ~ ~
    ~ ~ 12.The minimum acceptable speed on Loop 610 is 85 mph.
    ~ ~
    ~ ~ 13.The wrought iron on windows in east Houston i s NOT ornamental.
    ~ ~
    ~ ~ 14.Never stare at the driver of the car with the bumper sticker that says, "Keep honking, I'm reloading." In fact, don't honk at anyone"
    ~ ~
    ~ ~ 15.If you are in the left lane, and only going 70 mph in a 60 mph zone, people are not waving when they go by.
    ~ ~
    ~ ~ 16.The Sam Houston Toll road is our daily version of NASCAR.
    ~ ~
    ~ ~ 17.If it's 100 degrees, Thanksgiving must be next weekend.
    ~ ~
    ~ ~ 18.When in doubt, remember that all unmarked exits lead to Louisiana.
    ~ ~
    ~ ~ 19. Exit and Entrance lanes on and off Houston Freeways are just suggestions. Feel free to enter and exit freeways wherever you'd like! Do try to avoid exiting off the spaghetti bowls though - just a suggestion - it HAS been done.

- - 20. Should you find yourself lost, and end up in the Montrose area......GET THE HELL OUTA THERE!!!!!!!

<MARQUEE> HAVE FUN Y'ALL! [img]smile.gif[/img] </MARQUEE>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

help me out here.. throw me a bone or some thin would ya... what is this superbowl thing you keep talking bout?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by SEXY GRAMMA:
    hey! I sent you that, lol! wish I could come, never been to Texass.
    [img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="3" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ya sure did......LOL! I couldn't resist puttin' on here....most of it's NO JOKE!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for sendin' it [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by 1FINH:
    help me out here.. throw me a bone or some thin would ya... what is this superbowl thing you keep talking bout?
    <font size="3" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hon it's the football "Superbowl" they have every January - the two best pro teams each year. It's always on TV....but it's bein' held here in Houston this year! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hey! I sent you that, lol! wish I could come, never been to Texass.
    [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

football??? i am guessin that is some thin to do with a ball and a foot. or a ball shaped like a foot. Sorry all I know IS ELWAY GOT US A RING [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

beyond that if it isnt motorcycle related then it doesnt take 2 balls to play [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You BRAT! I figured you were pullin' my leg with that question, but I wasn't about to take it for granted! [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh ya i know what it is but im not gonna admit it. Never really got into professional sports much. Heck people try to get me to go to the Avs games and I turn em down and we have won the cup twice and had Patrick Roy I know I know I am demented. [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well......if you're demented 1FINH, so am I! They'd have to pay me BIG BUCKS to get me in Houston traffic the day of the Superbowl. [img]frown.gif[/img] THAT would be the ultimate day from Hell! [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

just help em out on a couple of things...

1) when 1 person scores why does he run around screamin like he was the only one who caused it to happened?

2) if that person fumbles or causes a lossing game then it was the TEAMS fault

3) Why must they smack each other on the ass

4) Are there any of them who haven't been arrested for DUI, drig possesion, selling or distrubtion there of, arranging to kill an ex, current wife/girl friend/ teammate or raping someone? Just wondering.. cause if not we could mix the leagues with the prison system and get some real team playing ruff sports going on. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast