Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

David Blaine has come under attack from shock, horror the British public over his latest endurance trial of suspending himself in a plastic box for 47 days.
    He has been pelted with eggs, had his water supply nearly cut off and is barracked at night by rowdy drunken pub goers. He has also endured haveing a man cooking burgers directly beneath his box.
    Why have the British public turned on Mr.Blaine? a number of reasons, people were expecting the box to be strung up high over the river thames & in fact its raised not far off the ground. People don't understand what he's doing and are bored by the whole thing.
    It has now also become (mainly by the media and T.V.) exceptable to go "Blaine Baiting".
    So for everyone out there who thought English people were charming well mannered and civilised...don't suspend yourself in box in England unless you have a damn good reason [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've heard about that. While I'm not any kind of fan of Blaine, I do find it rude for people to harass him like that.

Just don't ruin my image of stingger being nice and sweet and cuddly. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by stingger:
    Why have the British public turned on Mr.Blaine? a number of reasons, people were expecting the box to be strung up high over the river thames & in fact its raised not far off the ground.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">uuummmmm the usual British (not English I hasten to add) condition; Some of it boils down to the British drinking "piss it up" culture which will inevitibly end in having a pop at an easy target...Mr. Blaine is a very easy target and after 8 pints you can hurl abuse and kebabs at him an he can't touch you.
    In addition there are just some British people who just don't like Americans
    (& from my experience they 1) still love Hollywood movies dispite claiming to hate the US & 2)have never visited the US either) D' oh!

Here endeth the theory

<font color="#990000" size="1">[ September 30, 2003 05:31 PM: Message edited by: paul adams ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Branflakes:
    Just don't ruin my image of stingger being nice and sweet and cuddly. [img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">its not an image its true [img]wink.gif[/img] ...brought a smile to my face [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] I like boosting egos. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

David Blaine, you mean that street-magician character?

Gawd, you mean someone hasn't gaffled that little prick yet?