Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

The heroes ventured into the ancient Devonshore Wizard's school, and passing through the secret door behind the statue of Stellari, and straight through another secret door, discovered the previous game by Merilin (and bypassing the east and west passages), ther found a hall leading onward with two opposing doors along the way.

Choosing the right door, you came across Chondra, a powerful Black Guard. She was reading a parchment while toying with a bone, a bone you all assumed belonged to the one armed, almost dead child in a cage at her feet. Talking got you the usual results. She cleraly belonged there, was working with or for the mages, and was unquestionably evil.

In your attempt to kill her, some magic happened. A Swarm of beetles loosed by your Druid perturbed her some, as well as biting Einkil and Garrick. It was the magic from bnehind you had not expected, as the elven mage senaking up on you, and fully buffed, let loose the dreaded Circle of Death, killing Garrick (again).

The two bodies were searched, the best loot taken, and Stranng turned into a horse, using his Druidic powers, to take Einkil and Garrick back to Tindale for raising.

After this was done, your entire party rendezvoued at the mid way check point guardhose you had previously camped at. It still being night, you were undetected.

The experience earned was enough to level a few of you, and Garrick's loss of level was countered by the gain, so he is pretty much back where he started. Merilin is currently the highest level character in all of Caer Falken's history, replacing Aoborr, and it looks like the rest of the Ring of Steel is set to follow soon.

Next week we shall adventure with the Adventurers again, as I attempt to get back to the alternating schedule.

The items found include the following, but nothing has been identified/detected/appraised as yet:

Chondra:
    Weapons: Black Iron Longsword with silver runes
    Armor: Black Mithril-alloy Full plate
    Shields: Shield, large, steel which throbs subtly with power
    Black and silver Coiled snake Ring
    Brass Belt
    White cloak (yes, WHITE)

Elven Wizard:
    Weapons: Dagger and Quarterstaff
    Golden Ring
    Bracers
    Amulet
    Black Cloak
    Silver Headband
    Wand of Lightning Bolt (You know what they look like)

<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ July 20, 2004 04:46 PM: Message edited by: Starshadow ]</font></font>

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 20, 2004 04:46 PM: Message edited by: Starshadow ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would like to thank the player of Stranng for having the presence of mind to cast Summon Swarm when he did. Although it impeded our mighty archer and irked our noble fighter, the little bugs can't damage anyone with damage reduction, and the distractive power of the spell prevented Chondra from casting a nasty spell that would have broken one of Einkil's bones and likely would have had a chilling effect on the fight.

As for the treasure, Einkil is interested pretty specifically in ways to
    1) cause more damage;
    2) get more hit points; and
    3) raise his AC.

That being said, as a player I would be most interested in the belt and the ring that Chondra had, since I suspect that those are the items most likely to suit those needs.

Of course, Einkil will defer to our leader's judgment regardless, especially since she's now pretty clear on his simple needs.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

During the downtime while most of the others are resting and sleeping at the bunkhouse, Gwylln'll try to determine what each item might be. Thanks to a ring she's wearing she only needs two hours of sleep to get the benefits of eight, so will have some time. She cannot use the Identify spell, but should be able to determine some of the properties, even if by trying them on to compare effects with her existing gear.

As for items, she'll be mostly interested in what the wizard was wearing except the rings (she's already equipped with two) and any amulets.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks to Einkill for turning the evil wizard into hash(even if he had to go through us to do it... [img]smile.gif[/img] ). Stranng would be intersted in any item that may boost his wisdom or ac...although he would not be bent upon it..Thanks to our DM for such a great game...Is it just me or de we all look forward to Friday nights?... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If I had been properly introduced to them, I could name several wizards that don't look forward to Friday nights these days . . . [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OMG....do any of you realize we left that poor child in the cage when we ran out? As we are not far, with the DM's permission while those were in town tending Garrik, and others recovering in the small lodge we've been using, Meri will race back to get the child, in whatever condition he/she is in.

As for booty, DM, after Gwylln has identified what she could, please send me the list so I can distribute accordingly.

Warm hearths and cool waters!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You are assuming the child really is a child. That could have been the Blackguard's Imp companion. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can see it now...~opens cage~"come child...come~motions with a hand and a warm motherly smile~. "Sorry Lady..you left me..I am experiencing seperation anxiety.."~crys~. "No No I am here for you now"~smile broaden~ ~child eyes open as he begins to speak~"I wasnt talkin bout YOU..~points to his stump~"I WAS TALKIN BOUT ME ARM...ME STINKIN MISSIN ARM..WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU WHEN IT WAS ALL SAWED OFF?...I AINT GOIN NO WHERE"~slams the cage door shut and flips the ranger the bird~

and so was born OLIVER TWISTED..mocker of the good...he who will be forever utterly stumped by evil

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Hummingbird:
    Meri will race back to get the child, in whatever condition he/she is in.

As for booty, DM, after Gwylln has identified what she could, please send me the list so I can distribute accordingly.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, Meri may not...your party forgot, and you will have to deal with that when you return. There are too many other factors involved, like wandering encounters, wizards and the like to consider.

Everything I listed above, except the dagger and quarterstaff, comes up Magic, but the simple means by which you can evaluate the items are inadequate to appraise the values, though the items all appear to be top quality. You will all have to either use the items in game play or have them magically identified in order to figure out what they do.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tough break for the kiddie . . . hopefully we can help him out (though I suspect a coup de grace would be the kindest thing at this point).

In considering what the DM has said about IDing objects, Einkil has reasoned that Chondra caused him great damage and was difficult to hit in return. He is of the opinion that:

1) The sword is evil incarnate;
    2) The armor is bulkier than he would care for;
    3) Rings often provide protection; and
    4) She probably wasn't strong enough to give that much hurt without help.

Since both the ring and belt are magical, he is willing to try out either to see if they provide some benefit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast