Thread: Cats Dusseldorf

KelliM

Question

Been away - I see it's kinda dead here, but seems like the Johnny news has died down, too.

Does anyone know if John is going to be in the cast in Dusseldorf? What's up with his website? He hasn't updated in ages. Any news on if he's still touring with Robbie? Wonder what he's up to, not much news in a long time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't think anyone knows what the boy is up to ::looks around:: at least not that I know of. If he's actually going to put out a single in February (which I doubt) and trying to get it out there he'll prolly do promotions and such... who knows.

KelliM

yay i'd be surprised if there's a single out in feb. and i'd be surprised if the german tour with robbie goes off too as he's said. doesn't cats in dusseldorf open end of april? his interviews did say he was touring march till end of april - guess he could still do cats in dusseldorf. I tend to think he will do dusseldorf only because his photo is on all of the adverts for the opening in dusseldorf:
    http://www.das-musical.de/Musicalnew...m_capitol.html

they must be paying him pretty well to stay with the role. i'd think he'd be bored of it by now. guess it's easy money.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, you never know with Johnny. I can't imagine him coming to D?sseldorf, but if his own music doesn't work well and he's searching for a new job Cats would probably be his first choise, I guess...
    Actually I'd be more than glad, if he'd come to D?sseldorf, cause it's only about 45min or max an hour away from my place and I'm happy about Cats comming here anyway and if John would come too, I'd probably move there for a few months!*lol*
    Don't know how long he wants to -or rather is able to do Cats anyway... Seems to me as if he does less dancing every time I see the show, and for ex. when the other cats kneel down or something he just leans down a little. His knee must be really bad... [img]frown.gif[/img]

Bombi

KelliM

i've checked out several universal music websites & there is no promotion up for his cd yet - i would have thought by now there would have been some mention of it. remember - universal is the company he said in one interview from dinslaken that he had signed with. guess we just have to wait and see.

KelliM

for all we know he'll had back to london. no one ever expected him to leave germany after berlin rent closed. he had even set up house there. i'd like to see him go on and do other roles in theatre. i felt his performance in rent wrote his ticket to other bigger and better roles. he was an excellent roger-an easy rival to anyone i've seen on broadway. i'm not so sure abt this music thing he's pursuing.