Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Do you wanna see new pictures? (I hear you scream: Yes!) [img]wink.gif[/img]

Go to: www.ulmansworld.de ("Eingang", then "Musical" (on top of the page). Then choose: "Sommernacht des Musicals 2004" (if you go to "John Partridge" you will see pictures from the Sommernacht 2003).

I hope you like them. Yeah Bombi, we will tell more about it soon. Well I must go. Enjoy the pics and see you soon, guys.
    Laura

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Okay, right Laura!
    Erm...where shall I start? Maybe the songlist.
    As far as I remember John performed Heaven on their minds (Not sure about that, but it was something Judas sings..), Mr. Bojangles, Don't stop me now (That was so cool!!!), Time Warp and Written in the stars. Then he was in the chorus of We go together, something from the little shop of horrors and Let the sunshine in. I think that was it.
    I'll write more to the single songs and the performance and the weather (!) afterwards.
    Okay Laura, your turn again! ^-^

Bombi

KelliM

thanks for the photos Laura! Question - is that john dressed up in drag in the black dress with the wig?? (I think the dress was black).

@Bombi - I know I know what musical 'written in the stars' is from, but i can't think of it now - do you know??

And what's the deal w/the smooching lol?? the girl doesn't look like show knows what to do w/her hands - she's kind of holding them back.

I found a very nice photo online: anyone see this: <a href="http://www.musicalgalerie.de/image.php?img=/musicalgalerie/galerien/berichte/2004/20040322195229_004.jpg&dat=3592334169916&big=1

" target="_blank">http://www.musicalgalerie.de/image.p...34169916&big=1

</a> Tell more abt the show Bombi & Laura [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] !!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No, it's a guy from 'Dance of the Vamires', so no need to panic! *lol*
    The song's from Aida, so I finally had a hint of what John as Radames would be like. (Yummy!)
    The woman's played the part of 'Elisabeth' in the Musical. (I never liked her much.. [img]wink.gif[/img] )

I'll tell you more later on, but I just arrived home from school and now I've got six weeks of hollidays!!! *yay*

Bombi

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi,
    @Kelli: Many thanks for the pic! It's really cute! Keep on searching [img]wink.gif[/img]

I also will tell more about the show soon - promised! What John told us about his new plans can be read in "www.johnnymusic.net ..." The show was unbelievable. John rocked [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    I believe that John had also a lot of fun. After the first three songs there was a terrible thunder-storm with hail and a lot of rain. The producers had to take a break and everyone was completely wet. The producers told afterwards that John knelt in the mud behind the stage and shouted "C'mon let's have a party" to encourage everyone. And after the rain he lent one of the producers new dry socks. He's really a darling! [img]wink.gif[/img]

I also loved John with "Written in the stars" from AIDA. He would be wonderful as Radames - you're right Bombi. But all songs were amazing.

CU,
    Laura

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Laura, thanks for the info!

YES! That's where I know the song from - AIDA!! He actually DID sing someting from AIDA huh?? Hmmm - he couldn't have picked a better song to do - and he had the chance to be Radames. I bet he did a marvelous job with the song - anyone have a clip of it??? I always knew he'd make a fantastic Radames, too. LOL - is the current German Radames leaving anytime soon???

I MUST post the lyrics to this song (I just love it so much!):

I am here to tell you we can never meet again
    Simple really, isn't it, a word or two and then
    A lifetime of not knowing where or how or why or when
    You think of me or speak of me or wonder what befell
    The someone you once loved so long ago so well

Never wonder what I'll feel as living shuffles by
    You don't have to ask me and I need not reply
    Every moment of my life from now until I die
    I will think or dream of you and fail to understand
    How a perfect love can be confounded out of hand

Is it written in the stars
    Are we paying for some crime
    Is that all that we are good for
    Just a stretch of mortal time

Is this God's experiment
    In which we have no say
    In which we're given paradise
    But only for a day

Nothing can be altered, there is nothing to decide
    No escape, no change of heart, no anyplace to hide
    You are all I'll ever want, but this I am denied
    Sometimes in my darkest thoughts, I wish I'd never learned
    What it is to be in love and have that love returned

PS: For some darn reason I cannot log in under my old name so I had to re-register - Hostoard is driving me nuts!!!

Inactive Member unnamedjellicle's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OMG I ENVY YOU ALL *Who gotta go* SOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!
    *cries* I really wish I lived in Gmany! Hey that one link *the one Kelli posted* ermmm someone make it work or explain that I just clicked it wrong and how to click it correctly! LoL
    ok well i g2g...I have ballet... I'll post more later on today! ~crys more from envy~
    Andrea

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Many thanks for the lyrics, Kelli! Great to have them! It's a wonderful song. What do you mean: "he had the chance to be Radames"? Did he refuse the offer? Unfortunately, at the moment they are not looking for a new Radames. But as it would be too early because of the tour maybe we can go on hoping for John as Radames in the future.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Laura, Well, I know at one point he did audition & was supposedly in the running for Radames when there was talk of the show opening in London. But, it never got off the ground in London & he took off to Germany, so that was the end of that. I heard many different rumors surrounding that whole bit abt him up for the part of London Radames - everything from like it was down to him & someone else for the part, to rumors that casting favored the other person in the running over him because they didn't think he was right for the part (totally disagree with that one personally!!!). I think he had a good shot at being Radames if it did go through in London. I was very surprised that when it opened in Germany that he didn't get go for the part - although maybe he did & lost out to Uwi, but I think he was under contract w/cats at the time - can't remember. Maybe he'll do the part in the future.

Inactive Member unnamedjellicle's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

John has an incredible voice and I think if the show does happen somewhere in the future and he auditions he will have a very good chance of making it...I love CATS and John is fantastic in it but seeing him play other parts would be great as well...
    IT IS JOHN'S BIRTHDAY TODAY!.... [img]graemlins/cake.gif[/img] though today for those of you in Germany is like 6 hours later than here...LoL well I must be off! I have band practice all day and then dance... c ya laterZ!
    Andrea

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast