Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

E-Tools has been a remarkable aid to those of us at Caer Falken, but its limitations are becoming more evident.

Einkil has opted to play a v3.5 Barbarian, and so his eTools file is not exactly representative of what he can really do. Gwylln has just become a Mystic Theurge, a class that can't be used in e-Tools, making her file impossible to maintain.

As some of you experience problems with compatibility and others have crashed after downloading, we shall soon be force to record our characters in other ways.

Certainly Etools can still be used, especially by those who own no books. Those who will fiddle with the home rules section can even add extra treasures, magic items and feats.

It may be possible that we will have to resort to Word or Excel Files, as Stanng has suggested on a previous thread (I did not look at those yet).

This become clearer to me as I came across new feats in a book I own that I know you folks would love to use, but may not because of your character record keeping systems.

So here is the deal. If you can no longer use Etools, please find another method by which to track your character. You will still be required to have level upgrades approved by me, but this may open up some other options.

Here are a few Feats I have found that should make some of you twitch. Let me know if any of you wish to persue them, or others of interest:

Accurate Archer, Able Drinker, Acrobat, Death Blow, Defensive Shot, Eagle Eyes, Gifted liar, Greater Sneak attack, Improved Sneak Attack, Healing Touch, Increased Manual Dexterity, Keen Senses, Loyal Companion, legendary Trait, Pinpoint Accuracy, Natural Diplomat, Specific Poison Immunity, Scholar, Sharp Shooting Expert, Sniper, Unarmored Defense (three levels)and Weapon Expert.

There are many other Feats out there, and if you are interested in one, and it comes from a published D20 source, send me the details and i will consider it. Please don't ask me to allow one of those countless lame feats made up by 14 year old players and placed on the web.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've found a 3.5 Character generator program that is similar to E-Tools in functionality, and there are 3.0 add-ins for backward compatibility.

The program name is Dungeon_Master Genie. There's a compatible subset for players only called Player Genie. Both generators come with a 60 day trial period. I'll post the URL if there's interest.