Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Maybe I missed a post somewhere along the line. We're no longer doing a treasure inventory? It's grab-what-you-can-and-keep-it now? Or do we have some sort of method of divvying up treasure in place? Just don't want to lose a chance at getting anything because Avera's watching out for attacks while others loot.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No. [img]smile.gif[/img] The policy has been of late (including in Devonshire) that just because you DO pick something up and even use it in the interim, it's not really yours until the official distribution's been made. So Avera isn't getting shafted by not joining in a mass looting frenzy. When we do loot, you can still ask for something specific though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Erg.
    The new party leader and devout holy warrior failed in their responsibility of making note of treasure looted. Our party leader is willing to abdicate, if necessary, or accept a censure from the DM for failing in his responsibility.

(Posted under Stranng's name by Vilarneseh.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by rahnewhitebriar:
    Maybe I missed a post somewhere along the line. We're no longer doing a treasure inventory? It's grab-what-you-can-and-keep-it now? Or do we have some sort of method of divvying up treasure in place? Just don't want to lose a chance at getting anything because Avera's watching out for attacks while others loot.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Lyssandra is correct, and nothing has changed. My comment:"with individuals holding on to the treasure (DO NOT FORGET WHAT YOU TOOK!)" meant specifically that people should keep track of what they are holding on to so that it can be properly distributed later. You aren't back at the inn now and you aren't camping, so stopping to divide the loot now is just pointless.

There will be a time and place for treasure distribution, and it will be one of the tasks of your party leader to assist in this.

I hope this clarifies. [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Vilarneseh:
    Erg.
    The new party leader and devout holy warrior failed in their responsibility of making note of treasure looted. Our party leader is willing to abdicate, if necessary, or accept a censure from the DM for failing in his responsibility.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You're not getting off that easily. I will reroll the coins you collected and I know you won't let it happen again. Your party needs you and so does your DM. But next time your rogue may begin to glow fluorescent orange, adding a -765 to your hide skill and granting a +17 to your opponents' to hit rolls. [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

The Adventurer game had what might have been a record number of players in a single game...or at least tied. The 8 included Avera, Caela, Marren, Ogdell, Neanthyl, Ravensong, Thelwyn and Vilarneseh.

A leader was established by vote of peers (and my encouragement), and the winner was Vilarneseh with at least 50% of the votes. This seemed to help with smoother game play and I anticipate it helping in other areas in the future (like treasure distribution).

After talking with Jacob, the party realized that the miner's p[roblems were not the only problems lurking in these mountains, but that this was the problem they would handle first.

In the process of exploring the mines, you found caverns whuich had been heavily mined, rails for ore carts and housed spare supplies. An awful lot was rusted and the encounter with the rust monster was a unique challenge.

The party took it down without taking a scratch, mostly with arrows, flint tipped spears and blades, which turned to rusty dust on impact. Caela took the biggest hit, losing her +2 scimitar, causing Ravensong to abandon any ideas of using her greatsword. Daggers were also lost. Caela also managed to skewer the thing before it turned Marren's magic plate to dust. He of course made several pledges to her.

You encountered 2 teams of weasel-riders, which gave you little trouble, though Avera did take a nasty bite. The Dire Weasels were each ridden by 2 kobolds each.

Several coins and trapmaking kits were taken, with individuals holding onto the treasure (DO NOT FORGET WHAT YOU TOOK!)

The following awards were granted:

300 XP per character

Most Dramatic: Caela losing the party's best weapon as it turned to rust in her hand, only to save the best armor in the party by killing the beast with a crude spear.

Most Overkill: Marren made a critical hit, doing 56 points of damage to a critter that had only 1 hit point remaining!

Most anticlimactic use of a cool ability: Our Bard began a chant which would have granted great benefit to the party in round 2... but everything got killed in one round

Most used feat: Neanthyl managed to use Track more times than any player in a single game. He even tracked Rail tracks!

Easiest to please: That boy Ogdell is the new Polyanna. Not a single tragedy or hardship could upset him. He was awed impressed an excited about everything!

Most Elusive: 4th level and climbing, and Vilarneseh has still never been hit!

Most damage taken in one combat: Avera took 5 points from one weasel bite. It's been a long time since 5 hp was life threatening!

Most noteworthy coup de gras: Yes, our wary wild elf decapitated a weasel. She may not have understood a word the new wizard was saying, but she still knows how to get a head.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Starshadow:

Easiest to please: That boy Ogdell is the new Polyanna. Not a single tragedy or hardship could upset him. He was awed impressed an excited about everything!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, in all fairness, It's not like a wizard is overly burdened with metals, so the rust monster was a major find [img]smile.gif[/img] Of course he was excited. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Stranng:
    Erg.

(Posted under Stranng's name by Vilarneseh.)
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh, heck no Vilnarnesh doesn't get to abdicate. I want to see if it's possible for an elf to go prematurely gray [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fine. Those who voted for Vilarneseh (and you know who you are) and the DM will take care to remember that you ALL know darn well it was a "one, two, three . . . NOT IT!" vote, so be nice. [img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I wanted to share how impressed I had been with the tremendous amount of RP in the last game...posts were flying up so fast that by the time I looked up from typing I was analog!!!hee. Seriously...I was of the impression that too many pcs would slow this game down...I think I was wrong..Everything seemed to go more smoothly than I would have thought. Great praise to our new leader. I would also like to thank DM for showing the wisdom of having a leader brought forth. I think that it really helped to keep the flow going. I also would like to say how much I enjoyed the new wizard...Valley I LOVED your new character....you rarely cease to amaze me in the RP department. Thank you DM for a great game..I had a great time!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast