Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lt. Chisholm has been promoted to Captain, and has been called back to Talagon City for reassignment. Before he left, he helped with the establishment of the new town militia.

Between members of Phoenix who have requested reassignment to the New Tindale Militia, and those men who have applied for service (being veterans of war or having served as guards or mercenaries in othe locales), you are left with a force of 2o full time men to make up your forces. They can be organized as a town guard, militia or police force at your discretion.

In addition to these men, 20 Silver Riders of Lunari, under the command of Baronet Celene, in cooperation with Baron Thaylias, have been stationed here.

While this may sound like a small number of sceurity forces, it actually is larger than is typical for most populations, and the level of elite forces is far greater. No other barony has a troop of Silver Riders at their disposal.

I leave it to the characters and players as to how to micromanage living quarters, patrols or what have you. The Riders however, were sent to make up a highly skilled and quickly mobile force to adequately patrol the surrounding areas of New Tindale, since it is still wild country and new farmers and travellers shall need protecting.

I suggest (or rather request) that any characters looking to take (or already having taken) a leadership role, take the Leadership Feat. This will enable you to gain extra followers, including those with substantial levels and talent. These can be used as Officers, trusted and respectable folk to run things while you are off adventuring.

I don't know off hand if you get feats at level 19, but I will allow (one time only, and right now) you to trade in one of your other feats (not those in a chain with prereqs) to take it now if you wish. I think Thaylias was unhappy with a previous feat choice anyway.

On a related note, just because the King did not grant you all titles does not mean that there is no position of power in your future. There are only so many honorariums I can pass out at one time from one source, and your class-race makeup influences those options. Understand that regardless of title or position, ALL of you are now famous. All of your names are known by everyone in the country above the rank of Baron, and all of the sages and scholars and people in your individual fields of any note also know you. Certainly a wide variety of the general population knows you, and as the songs of the bards spread from city to city, so will your prestige grow.

Of course, more of the bad guys will know you now too.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thay's total level is 17 at the moment but at level 18 I believe you are entitled your seventh feat. Thay will also receive his bonus fighter feat. Since you are offering a one time deal of feat swapping Thaylias will trade Blind Fight for the Leadership feat. The two upcoming slots I need for fighting improvements.
    Good Day

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ah, nice idea.

And yes, powerful characters such as ours earn powerful enemies, so things should get more interesting on personal levels especially since we're edging into epic levels: Blackguards, anti-paladins, archwizards, heirophants, etc. will start becoming standard opponents.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tindale's armory is well stocked. There are a LOT of +1 and +2 (even some +3) weapons that we all donated when Tindale was liberated instead of selling.

There are posts on this board about that list.

Here's a partial list of unclaimed weapons and armor that was posted previously.

+1 Chainmail (1,300 gp)
    +1 Chainmail (1,300 gp)
    +1 Crossbow, light: Unholy (18,335 gp)
    +1 Javelin (2,301 gp)
    +1 Leather (1,160 gp)
    +1 Sharkskin (1,085 gp)
    +1 Studded leather (1,175 gp)
    +1 Sword, bastard (2,335 gp)
    +2 Battleaxe (8,310 gp)
    +2 Chainmail (4,300 gp)
    +2 Longsword (8,315 gp)
    +2 Shield, large, steel (4,170 gp)
    +2 Shield, large, steel (4,170 gp)
    +3 Banded mail (9,400 gp)
    +3 Morningstar: Flaming (32,308 gp)
    An exquisite Longsword (unappraised)

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 15, 2007 04:56 PM: Message edited by: Lyssandra ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kel will recommend that every abled bodied male be expected to take up arms if Tindale needs defending. In order to do this, they'll need to learn some weapon use. Perhaps one weekend out of the month for basic training so they don't embarrass themselves. Hopefully they will never be called.

Kel will wait till higher level for his feat (next level I think) because all the ones he's got he's used pretty extensively and it wouldn't make sense for him to suddenly forget. His Leaderhip will be more Clan related.

He will offer to teach survival skills to some who ask for it as well.

Thurvold will focus on making sure these 20 are the best outfitted guys they can be. With the Baron's permission, Each will be issued, if possible, a master work level weapon with the mark of New Tindale on it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Shanti would have no problems letting all those unclaimed items be given over for the protection of New Tindale. Has anyone suggested a title for our own troops? We no longer have the phoenix, but perhaps our fighting men and women should have a troop name, unless this is something that the king would preside over?