Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

I'll be the first to admit that I didn't realize what a difference a leader can make to a group. So of the other players have told me they're actually having more fun. Huzzah!
    This leads me to to questions:
    1) Should our Hero group have a leader?
    2) Since I have been advised that IF I am able to play Vilarneseh on May 28, I will likely be joining the game late, may I have one or more volunteers to fill in as leader? Express your interest publicly or privately; I care not. But the Adventurers do need you and it's a good chance to find out what leadership really is in D&D (which isn't what this player expected).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, I got the date wrong, I know we're not playing tonight . . . but the point still remains . . .

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

With the Heroic adventure in Devonshire winding down, even though such winding down will probably take several game sessions, it's probably a moot point to appoint one now. Basically all that's left to do in Devonshire is:

1. Kill the wizards and their lackeys such as the gnolls.
    2. Loot, and give the Thieve's Guild its share.
    3. Return to Talagon City to get additional rewards from Hrothgar.
    4. Return to the Inn.

Appointing a leader before the Heros go off on their next quest is a different story. My opinions anyway.

Inactive Member rahnewhitebriar's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think it would be very helpful to have a leader at the Hero level, and I think one should be selected the same way we selected the one for the Adventurers' level...a quick and private vote, majority wins. I don't want to see campaigning nonsense.

With one person in charge, as sort of a clearinghouse for party decisions, we cut the amount of time we have often spent on party members sneaking off to do their own things (leaving the rest of the party confused), on hurt feelings when one player's advice seems overlooked by the group at large, and on vaguely "planned" strategies that have often been inadequately communicated to all involved.

I don't think it's too late for the Hero party to start using a leader...and I think choosing one now will help acclimate us to the idea of choosing one for the next Hero level adventure.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Lyssandra:
    With the Heroic adventure in Devonshire winding down, even though such winding down will probably take several game sessions, it's probably a moot point to appoint one now. Basically all that's left to do in Devonshire is:

1. Kill the wizards and their lackeys such as the gnolls.
    2. Loot, and give the Thieve's Guild its share.
    3. Return to Talagon City to get additional rewards from Hrothgar.
    4. Return to the Inn.

Appointing a leader before the Heros go off on their next quest is a different story. My opinions anyway.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ya think? I thought you would have known me better than that by now. I think you might be surprised at what exactly still awaits you. This adventure is far from almost over. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yup, I also thought it might be a bit premature to declare this adventure almost over. Been gaming with you too long, DM. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Of course, now you'll go and give it a flash-bang quick ending, just to keep us on our toes.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Einkil:
    2) Since I have been advised that IF I am able to play Vilarneseh on May 28, I will likely be joining the game late, may I have one or more volunteers to fill in as leader? Express your interest publicly or privately; I care not. But the Adventurers do need you and it's a good chance to find out what leadership really is in D&D (which isn't what this player expected).
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Just thought I would remind everyone that I asked TWO questions . . . and one of them has a more pressing deadline . . . [img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by rahnewhitebriar:
    Yup, I also thought it might be a bit premature to declare this adventure almost over. Been gaming with you too long, DM. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Of course, now you'll go and give it a flash-bang quick ending, just to keep us on our toes.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, unless Einkil cleaves everyone in the guard unit to death and the wizards all drop dead of heart attacks from the fright, it is not likely that I could resolve this before school starts again...or even Halloween!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I refuse to take the bait, and give the DM suggestions on how to end this quickly. That way lies madness.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Einkil:
    I refuse to take the bait, and give the DM suggestions on how to end this quickly. That way lies madness.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You say that like it's a BAD thing!?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast