Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Heh, mine is more alone the lines of "Do I drive myself crazy by taking on far too many classes?"

And I think that answer will be yes, too. Being the dork I am, I'm thinking I'll double up in English (AP Eng and Creative Writing).

And I have declared since November that for the 4th quarter 20th century British author project, which is coming up, I am doing Tolkien. I have threatened ppl who have tried to take him from me. They have cowered. MWHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i'm trying to make an eomer/usagi fic, only i don't want to use "tsukino Usagi" if you know what I mean by that. I sort of wanted to use a young Neo-Queen Serenity. Tsukino Usagi seems too naive and light-hearted (I'm going by anime) and the older Neo-Queen Serenity and Cosmos seem too wise and elf-like. I imagine a young Neo-Queen Serenity to be someone who is wise, but not above the wisdom of men. Someone who knows how to use weapons, but isn't a master of them. Someone who still isn't completely sure of who they are, but a strong person nevertheless. Do you think that would be okay?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, there's no one here that would stop you, not that we would want to even try.

Go for it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ack!

Whats the name Pluto usually calls Usagi? I keep forgetting!

... anyone?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Princess or hime. Usagi-hime or maybe just hime by itself.

Yeah, I think that's right, all I know is she always called her princess or something.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

from the subtitled episodes that i looked back on, setsuna addresses usagi as "princess" (as in, the english word) sometimes too!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

wow, this is the first really in-depth lotr/sm crossover i've written and i really want to make sure that i've got all the facts straight. I'm going to upload it onto our yahoo groups sight and hopefully you guys will look it over and tell me if there's anything weird with it. (things that don't make sense, contradictions, out-right lies, you know). please please please please please! 1. i'm not a LotR expert and 2. i reread the beginning so many times that i got lazy at the end so things might be weird!

I also don't think I'm going to make this into an Eomer/Usa fic after all. the "young" Neo-Queen developed into someone more like the older Neo-Queen and cosmos so I THINK i'm going to put her with Glorfy, but I'm not sure. It will most likely be an older elf.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE edit my chapter! (and no, it's not done yet. I'm actually going to have her contributing to the fellowship's journey without actually being there. kind of like what she did for isildur.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

okay, it's a little early for my story to be doing this, but i'm planning ahead.

anyway, i was wondering if i should have arwen as the reincarnated michiru and eowyn as the reincarnated haruka. Now, don't all throw tomatoes at once. I too am a FIRM believer in michiru/haruka but i'm trying to be realistic here. if michiru and haruka were born into a world where homosexuality was never even a concept (at least not a mentioned concept) and they didn't have memories of their past lives, i don't think they would be lovers. i'm sure they would love each other, but they would probably think it was a sisterly love. i also see them in arwen and eowyn. arwen is so graceful and beautiful. she also is very confident in who she is, and that makes her very confident of her decisions (like to stay with aragorn in middle earth and forsake immortality). eowyn is very independent and is a warrior. her biggest fear is being caged, and i see haruka's biggest fear (besides losing michiru) as not being able to run and feel the wind in her hair.

i honestly believe that if they didn't have their past memories and if they were born into that kind of society, they would be the BEST of friends, sisters even, but not lovers.

however, if you disagree, i will not make that the case. i will make arwen the reincarnation of rei, and eowyn the reincarnation of minako.

i know rei is usually very fiery and temperamental, but i think if she were born into an elvish society, she would learn to control her temper, but still be passionate. i can also see arwen as someone who is very passionate (and as someone who was taught to fight by her older brothers) but after all her years in middle earth and growing up in an elvish society, she learns that passion can be the warm glow of a candle as opposed to a raging fire.

i could also make rei like the rei in the manga instead. in the manga, she had men FLOCKING towards her, but she simply denied them and we all know that arwen is BEAUTIFUL. however, in the beginning, rei very much wanted love and if she wasn't betrayed, i'm sure she would be very deeply in love when she did fall into it.

i know that minako is portrayed as a ditz (in the anime) but i think that if she wasn't forced into her role of sailor V so early on in her life and forced to experience murder at such a young age, she wouldn't have taken that ditzy persona. i truly believe that ditzy appearance is just an outward facade to help her regain her childhood. i also believe that she is a warrior, like eowyn. i can see her falling in love with aragorn but realizing that he wasn't for her.

i can also see her manga persona as eowyn.

anyhow, tell me what you think. since this is such a long ramble, i'll ask about the reincarnations of the other senshi later.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hrm... that's really tough. The Haruka-Eowyn, Michi-Arwen thing is very intriguing. But I warn you, once your readers figure out what is going on, there will probably be some flames, no matter how many warnings you give them. People would go into ramblings about fate and such.

And really, even when homosexuality wasn't accepted (not too many decades ago), there were still homosexuals. They were outcasts from society and never spoken of, but they still lived. And that doesn't include other people who may have harbored secret feelings for the same sex.

Can't choose myself. The Haruka Michi version is more unique and thus appealing to me, but it keeps feeling like a weird fit. (Probably because I always see the most similarities between Usa and Eowyn rather than the other senshi. And because I am devoted to A/A, and an Arwen who is also now becoming a former-senhsi --two pasts fused into one-- feels a bit weird to me).

The problem with making everyone a reincarnation is that there's so few women mentioned in LotR. Sure, you can invent OCs, but they don't have the same appeal to readers as characters they already know and love.

Will all the senshi be the same age? Cause if not, you could have a couple of them be women in Gondor-- the woman in the Houses of Healing (that chatted a lot) and her friend perhaps. And you could borrow some of the names the extras chose for elves (see the Aragornath).

Sorry I was no help whatsoever. ^_^" Good luck!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

nono, that was a real big help, calli. thank you so much! and i fully intend on spreading the characters out and not making them the same age. i don't know why, but i really believe that they would not all be born in the same year (and if some of them were born elves, they could live to see their friends be reincarnated more than once!) because that seems very improbable to me. however, i have no problem with them knowing one another. i read a book once about reincarnation and it said that most souls are linked together and travel together. like, this one woman remembered her past life and her abusive boyfriend, was her master and she was a slave. i don't necessarily believe in that, but it doesn't seem fully impossible. it also explains why all the sailor senshi were born in japan instead of all over the world, never to meet one another. thanks bunches calli!

(btw, how do you feel about the rei, minako thing? if i decided to go with that grain, do you think their manga personalities would be better?)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast