Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

My understanding is that the trilogies are considered canon, as is To Dream in the City of Sorrows.

I know that JMS worked closely with the authors of the trilogies (The Centauri Prime trilogy, Legions of Fire, was written by Peter david who also wrote scripts for the series) and they are very true to the characters and the series itself.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Thanks all,
    I shall DEFINATELY have to read this one

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just watched the War without End 2 parter again. Forgot just how much of a set up this was...In Valens Name! smile

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I finally got the third book in the Centauri Trilogy Friday night. I'm about half through it and it looks to be everything I had hoped for.

Now Once I finish it, I'll be droolin' for the Technomage trilogy.

------------------
    Sindatur - The Grey owl Wizzard

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Questions about WWE 1 and 2:

Okay, guess I've seen these episodes 5 or 6 times now, and I still have questions:

(1) Where does Sheridan go the second and fourth time he disappears? When Sinclair, Garibaldi, and the station commander are grilling Zathrus, an officer runs in and says, "Sir, it's back AGAIN." They run out to see Sheridan concealed in spacesuit and Zathras hands him the time stabilizer. Then Sheridan disappears again, and reappears near the hatchway to the White Star, where Delenn finds him.

So--the crew of Babylon 4 have apparently already encountered someone in a spacesuit BEFORE Sinclair, Garibaldi, and the commander rush out of the session with Zathras. That implies the following chronology: Sheridan disappears (second time), goes back in time but remains on B4, then winks out again (third time), reappearing in the docking bay, then winks out again (fourth time), and the next time we see him is at the hatchway. Did JSM ever clear this up?

(2) Know it's been asked before but when OUT Sheridan went into the future to Centauri Prime, where was the Sheridan from that time period. He had to be somewhere.

(3) Does anyone know, was Kosh one of the Vorlons with Valen on the converted B4? And did Sinclair/Valen tell the Vorlons what he knew about the future Shadow war, so that the Vorlons had an idea of what would be coming 1000 years down the road? This would explain how the Vorlons were able to prophesize about the future.

Feel free to tackle any one of these--

iz

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Iz, all I can say is time travel episodes make my head hurt!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

E-Gads! Yup...that time stuff got me more confused for the 5th time around. We all really need to sit together and watch it AGAIN! But, I think you got it all right Iz. Write up a timeline chart and see if it all fits. LOL rolleyes

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

As to question 2 .....

In the 3rd Centauri book it made it look like the existing Sheridan kinda went to sleep when he was replaced by his time jumping pal, and woke up on the way to a Centauri transport - not knowing where he was.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Question: What do you think the dream Kosh sent Sheridan meant? Who is the man in between? What does "I am the hand" mean? What did it mean for Sheridan to be in a Psi-corp uniform?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Merle--JMS actually explained all those images in yesterday's episode; the "man in the middle" is supposed to be Sheridan's opposite number with the Shadows, or the other hand. Sheridan in the psi cop uniform apparently was a foreshadowing of his cooperation with Bester.

However, an alternative (unsanctioned and therefore heretical) interpretation would be this: Most of the images refer to things that are still in Sherian's future at the time of the Shadow War. Sheridan in the psi cop uniform is a foreshadowing of his capture and interrogation by President Clark's forces, as engineered by the psi cop Bester. Sheridan essentially has to confront himself during the gruelling interrogation. The man in the middle who is looking for him is Mr. Garibaldi--the guy who gets used by Bester and is no longer trusted by his friends, but who is determined to find Sheridan and release him. The hand image is a reference to a prophesy the techno-mage once made to Londo Mollari--"I see a giant hand reaching out of the sky." Sheridan will eventually become the "hand" that reaches down to determine Londo's fate and the fate of the Centauri. The Shadows more or less tell Sheridan this when they acknowledge that he is a "nexus," a point around which events turn.

According to JMS, this is a complete misinterpretation of the images, and I now have to go into hiding or be burned for questioning the canon. I still think it's a decent interpretation, though.

(ligtning flashes, ZAP!!)

(ouch)

iz