0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Re: SciFi airing B5 movies.

<font color="red">
    My question is, do you have any say in these things? Does it bother you as much as it does myself?</font></p>

No, I have zero input into broadcast schedules. Sometimes it bothers me more than other times when things get aired out in a whacky order.</p>

<font color="red">PS - I've been reading "Rising Stars" (up to #10) and "Midnight Nation" (up to #5), and I have to applaud you in your work. You've made me interested in comics again, something I haven't been since Superman 'died' ten or so years ago.</font>
    </p>

Thanks. (Yeah, I kinda gave up on Supes for a while after John Byrne got his hands on him. My Superman went out the door after Alan Moore did "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?" which is probably the best book ever written with that character, and which puts to the lie the assertion that there was nothing more interesting that could be done with him.)
    </p>

It's fun playing in this field....
    </p>

<font color="red">I can't wait to see what you can do with Spider Man...
    </font></p>

I can tell you one small thing...and it's something I won't be pulling out for a few issues..there's something that nobody's dared to do with the character before, but which fans have been speculating about and wondering about for over thirty years. So suffice to say I have something rather major in mind....
    </p>

jms
    </p></font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My god, JMS has finally done it. he has taken on a project I won't read, Spider Man. One of the most boring, uniteresting, lack luster comic books on the market.

Maybe if JMS kills off Spider Man, I will pick it up, but I doubt Marvel will let him do that...

Midnight Nation rocked

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

more boring than Brenda Starr?

more boring than Gasoline Alley?

more boring than Cathy?

nuthing is that boring.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

C'mon, Crash! Don't sugar-coat it! Tell us what you REALLY think!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I will endever(sp) to be more honest and open with my feelings in the future. (grins)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<font face = "Verdana">

From the Sci-Fi press release regarding the Crusade re-runs:
    <font color="Yellow">&quot;There are no plans to make new episodes of the show.&quot;
    Was the copywriter speaking out of turn, or is this the straight dope? Are none of the projects on the table a Crusade ressurection?
    If so, I would appreciate it if you could tell us now, so that we don't get our hopes up...
    I don't think that any of us have asked because we didn't want to jinx it, but I'll ask now: is Crusade truly dead?</font></p>

There are no plans *at this time,* no.</p>

jms

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Subject: Re: ATTN JMS: SciFi airing B5 movies.
    Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

<font color=red>My question is, do you have any say in these things? Does it bother you as
    much as it does myself?</font>

No, I have zero input into broadcast schedules. Sometimes it bothers me more
    than other times when things get aired out in a whacky order.

<font color=red>PS - I've been reading "Rising Stars" (up to #10) and "Midnight Nation" (up to #5), and I have to applaud you in your work. You've made me interested in comics again, something I haven't been since Superman 'died' ten or so years ago.</font>

Thanks. (Yeah, I kinda gave up on Supes for a while after John Byrne got his hands on him. My Superman went out the door after Alan Moore did "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?" which is probably the best book ever written with that character, and which puts to the lie the assertion that there was
    nothing more interesting that could be done with him.)

It's fun playing in this field....

<font color=red>I can't wait to see what you can do with Spider Man...</font>

I can tell you one small thing...and it's something I won't be pulling out for a few issues..there's something that nobody's dared to do with the character before, but which fans have been speculating about and wondering about for over thirty years. So suffice to say I have something rather major in mind....

jms

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Subject: Re: ATTN JMS - THANK YOU for Midnight Nation

Thanks...I have to confess that, as much as I like doing Rising Stars, Midnight Nation is my favorite of the two. And I'm inestimably pleased with this one, it just came out perfect on just about every level. It's a lovely issue.

jms

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Subject: Re: ATTN JMS: Pitching TV Series (B5, and in general)

They were given the pilot screenplay for The Gathering, an extensive series treatment with sample stories covering most of the first season, with notes on where the series would go, and lots of sample artwork on the station and the characters.

With some exceptions, it was very close to what became the B5 writer's bible, which was available for a while via thestation.com.

jms

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Subject: Re: JMS: Planning B5

I basically took a historical perspective on the story, and just laid out the basic events going about a thousand years back, and a thousand years forward in fair detail, and thumbnailed-out the rest for about a million year period.

I alway figured that Earth would have pretty much the lowest tech level going in, because that would make it more interesting, and preserve some of the wonder of SF storytelling...you only get that sense of awe when somebody else has something you don't.

jms