Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Wizz,

Yea figured out the Bookface.com part already, and unfortunately, it is dead.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Where to put this...where to put this.
    Andrea Thompson is moving up to the big time. From a reporter in Tucson, Az (I believe) she's now anchoring CNN's Headline News starting in June of this year. Sorry, couldn't get a more definate date. Too bad...the news anchors on Headline News don't do interviews. Congressman Jerry Doyle would be the cat's meow.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL Did Doyle win?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ya know, I didn't think he did. However, reading through the newsgroup posting(s) about her new job, a couple or three mentioned "Congressman Jerry Doyle" in their posts, and for all I know, maybe there was a recount and he was elected anyway, chad or no chad not withstanding.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry, Jerry only got about %30 of the vote in his district. He was running against an incumbent in a heavily Democratic district. I had checked voter.com after the election for the result, but that site is now defunct, I believe.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

I am fairly certian he lost. I checked after the election and that was what I learned

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds resonable to me. I didn't think he won, either. Chalk it up to over-enthusiastic Jerry Doyle fans. Guess we'll just have to suffer through "Talia Winters reporting..."
    biggrin

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Looks like thing are heating up at Headline News. Andrea Thompson's new job in June has stirred up some folks who used to work at Ted Turner's place, and are questioning how a guy (Ted) who insists on a no-smoking, no-drinking rule (morality, I suppose) would hire a person who's posed nude and acted in a couple of X-rated movies on syndicated cable networks (HBO). The MSN link reporting on <a href="http://entertainment.msn.com/news/eonline/050101_cnn.asp>Andrea's</a> new job and how her past is causing some controversy includes a link to TedTurnovers.com. That site is run by folks that once worked for Turner, but aren't anymore. From there, if you're really interested, there's a link to some of the stills taken of her in her various performances.
    What I find amazing is that there's so much focus on her artistic past, yet there's not too much brought up about the fact that she's an entertainer, not a journalist. I'll admit that I haven't read a lot of the different accounts, 'cause you rarely get a resonable amount of facts that aren't glossed over by the hype. But, (sheesh!), how does one who's a news reporter for just a year in New Mexico become a anchor for an all-news channel? And, why are the folks who don't think it's right for her to have that job pointing out the nude shots instead of her news-reporting abilities? There are sure some mean people out there...
    Wizz jumps off the soap box and kicks it to the corner

------------------
    Do not tempt the patience of Wizzards, for they are subtle, and quick to anger.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Looks like thing are heating up at Headline News. Andrea Thompson's new job in June has stirred up some folks who used to work at Ted Turner's place, and are questioning how a guy (Ted) who insists on a no-smoking, no-drinking rule (morality, I suppose) would hire a person who's posed nude and acted in a couple of X-rated movies on syndicated cable networks (HBO). The MSN link reporting on Andrea's new job and how her past is causing some controversy includes a link to TedTurnovers.com. That site is run by folks that once worked for Turner, but aren't anymore. From there, if you're really interested, there's a link to some of the stills taken of her in her various performances.
    What I find amazing is that there's so much focus on her artistic past, yet there's not too much brought up about the fact that she's an entertainer, not a journalist. I'll admit that I haven't read a lot of the different accounts, 'cause you rarely get a resonable amount of facts that aren't glossed over by the hype. But, (sheesh!), how does one who's a news reporter for just a year in New Mexico become a anchor for an all-news channel? And, why are the folks who don't think it's right for her to have that job pointing out the nude shots instead of her news-reporting abilities? There are sure some mean people out there...
    Wizz jumps off the soap box and kicks it to the corner

------------------
    Do not tempt the patience of Wizzards, for they are subtle, and quick to anger.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011