Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It seemed to me that Capt Jack was very much against his keeper and would not have accepted it voluntarily. I always thought it had been put on him quite against his will.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do we know that the keepers communicated telepathically? - from the tv show?
    I thought, wrongly it appears, that they hooked into the nervous system and could read the brain impulses that way.

What did the keeper who was on Captain Jack intend- was it to have Captain Jack kill Number One or to kill her itself somehow? or to attach to her in order to control her?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

BMAT,

We know that the Keepers are constantly in contact with the Drahk that spawned them, therefore logic would dictate Telepathy.

I believe Capt. Jack was to either kill or spy on Number 1 (Don't remember which, missed that episode this time around).

I think the keepers are not re-usable. I believe they bond with you and as long as you live they are with you, and once they are not with you they die. And doesn't the regent die once his keeper leaves him.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We also know that they communicate telepathicly from the books. Fron the show, Franklin makes some observations about how the keeper works and, I believe, that it is telepathic. I could be wrong on the last part.

I do think there is enough evidence from the show that we could deduce that the keeper communicates using telepathy. Londo tells G"kar that he has to kill him before the keeper awakes and alerts the Drahk to Sheridan and Delenn's escape. The only way the keeper could alert the Drahk as soon as it awakened is if it was telepathic.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Been awhile since I saw ITB, but wasn't there an indication that Londo could put the Keeper to sleep by drinking huge quantities of alcohol? Isn't that basically why he was loaded, to knock out the Keeper? That's what I recall, but maybe I really missed something there.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Keepers can't hold there liquor.

Teeps could most likly block the telepathy. They are trained for that, the higher the teep, the less effective the keeper would be.

Captain Jack was probably drunk, clueless or blackmailed. Blackmail seems to be the method of choice for the Drakh.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh yes! forgot about the contact with the Drakh- thanks for the reminder.

We still don't know, from the TV show, that the keepers were telepathic with respect to their host- right? It could be a link directly to the brain impulses.

Captain Jack's keeper scooted around after it left him. It was killed while off of him.
    Even after it left him Captain Jack was alive, although a piece of the Keeper remained (he said a piece always remains) and the Keeper regenerated.

The Centauri Regent/Minister did die when his Keeper left him, so I wonder about the seeming inconsistency. Any thoughts on that anyone?

Londo's main fear....yes- death could be it, but my first guess would have been destruction of the Centauri civilization.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<font face="Verdana">

Captain Jack seemed to know a lot about them. And the only time he was able to be on his own he grabbed a thermal grenade and headed for the tubes, convinced that this was his last individual act. You could see the regenerating keeper just before the grenade went off.</p>

My guess is that the Drakh threatened his daughter somehow, the only thing he lived for (according to what he told Franklin and Marcus). And, I'm pretty sure he was setup to kill No. 1, not to just spy on her. He didn't seem to be able to resist the PPG coming up and pointing in her direction.</p>

I'm not so sure they're telepathic after they've left their mother-host. I remember reading a book where Londo's keeper was discussed, and how the mother-host kept reassuring the keeper that things would be alright. I just don't remember if there was any communcation afterwards. Londo had to keep the thing drunk so he could allow G'Kar to kill him. With the ability to control it's host, the keeper could probably bail Londo out of any fight. I think it was Captain Jack's keeper that was really firing the PPG, as his hand was shaking the whole time.</p>

That's how I saw it, anyway. biggrin

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Now that you mention it, I too remember that the keepers had to be a voluntary thing.

The regent most likely was given the same threat as LOndo or maybe he just didn't have the backbone to stand up to them, he was not an especially confident man.

I, too, don't recall anything being alluded to that Capt. Jack could have been forced with to accept his keeper

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wizz

I'd have thought the Keepers would be telepathic with the Drakhs- that the Drakhs would be able to issue it instructions and to receive information from it. Yes?

ps- thanks- I'd forgotten the ppg being pulled on Number One. So the keeper could actually control either the impulses going to the muscles or the part of the brain issuing the impulses...and that would be a physical control rather than telepathic? I'm not sure we have the answers to that...?

I remember Londo saying that he did what the keeper wanted him to do - to satisfy it...it was in the episode that showed the death and Vir coming out and seeing the bodies. I don't know if I have that right-it was as if Londo actually had some choice about whether to obey the Keeper. Any insight or corrections, anyone? Perhaps he had a choice but the Keeper would report to the Drakhs who would then carry out their threat against Centauri Prime- which then goes back to my idea that Londo's greatest fear was the destruction of the Centauri.