Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, Wizz, I dunno about being "subtle" LOL! But, yeah, I was remembering how Sinclair beat the crap out of Neroon, and hoping for a rematch. LOL!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Uh...didn't Sinclair go a few rounds with him already? As I recall (which is at best, foggy at times), Neroon got his butt whipped. Or...MerleZ is being subtle again.
    smile
    <u>Acts of Sacrifice</u> could have been named "Hello, rock. Hello, hard place". Ivanova's "Boom shaka laka, boom shaka laka" sounds like something from 300 years earlier. But she got to keep what was hers.
    They were all powerless, even Londo. Everyone had to give up something in order to get what they needed.
    Looks like the Narn are pretty much done for, looking at the efforts folks are making to save some of them. G'kar was gravely disappointed over the amount of support, Londo was nonchalant about the eventual outcome of the war.
    I remember having days like that...

------------------
    Do not tempt the patience of Wizzards, for they are subtle, and quick to anger.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL, Wizz, you are so right! What a tough situation to be in, yet Ivanova's pulled it off, with darned near as much humour as we'd have seen from Garibaldi!

This show goes from hilarity to darkness like pulling the curtains across the window. The tragedy of the characters is virtually Shakespearean in its scale. And as each ep unfolds, it's harder and harder to know whom to trust from the outside, even the insiders' motives are harder to read.

Merle, I agree on the Rangers, and certainly one of the reasons I love LOTR is the interweaving of Celtic and Norse mythos. I don't think reworking of Tolkein's idea there lessens the brilliance of JMS' writing, certainly.

And *whispers don't tell PC* I really like Sheridan's strength, courage, humour and resolve. I like him more each day.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

36 hours on B5, what a creepy episode. Especially the PsiCorps commercial, with it's little subliminal message and all, that flashed real quickly at the end of the commercial and can best be seen when played back in slow-mo. See Ery, there's several reasons for you to learn how to use that darned VCR. I believe there are still at least 1 or 2 more cases in the series where you get to see something interesting if you slow-mo the playback.

Poor Delenn, everyone is abusing her and treating her like a freak and a self proclaimed 2nd coming. Earthlings (Last night and Gropos in particular), the Minbari on several occasions. Hope the abuse will end soon for her.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, All I can say is ..... compared to an upcoming ISN broadcast...this was a glowing report. nuff said

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Vir is a adorable in this ep. He is really a great character and Londo is so lucky to have him!

Sheridan is a ass in this ep. What he does to Talia is unforgivable nomatter what his objective is. He flat out violates her in this episode and I do not use that term lightly. In this episode he is every bit as bad as Bester.

Morden, Morden is just creepy.

How much is Delenn and Kosh's keeping secrets going to cost. Playing god is a dangerous game and this time they pushed the limits a bit far.

Garabaldi is just cool. Someone on the show has to have principles wink

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

PC,

Where's George? You whapped me with him for doing that, LOL

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

LOL Kimball. You were doing that in every post. Nommy did it once. (Grins)

OK, Sheridan = Chowderhead. I can understand his motivations but he did nothing to cover for his people. Nothing. Zilch. Zero. How hard is it to send Ivanova out with a squad of furies so that she is not forced to say, or possibly do something? How hard is it to create something for Garibaldi to do so that he is not placed in the position he was placed in? Not very. Does Sheridan do it? Nope.

CHOWDERHEAD!!!!

How many people does it take to tell you that you have crossed the line before you listen? Exactly what are you willing to risk to get answers? I guess being involved in an underground group to prevent Clark from destroying everything that Earth Alliance stands for isn't enough reason to not lose your Command. Or jeopardizing your friends and co-conspirators careers.

(sigh)

The one thing I have to say in Sheridan's favor is that the boy is passionate.

Stupid in how he handles the entire affair but passionate.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OK, anyone get the feeling there is more to this story then Delenn and Kosh are telling Sheridan? So we know a little bit about the Shadows now, who they are and their past, but that is it. If the Vorlons are First Ones, then I guess they would have more info then was shared with Sheridan.

Which leads to the next question, how much info does Delenn have and how much has been hidden from her? She seems to be in the know but if they are willing to hide info from Sheridan, then might not the Vorlons be willing to hide info from Delenn and the Minbari as well?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What can anyone not say about <u>Divided Loyalties</u>? Lyta shows up with a very out-of-left-field story. Part of the Mars rebellion group pops in and wants an audience with everyone? I didn't realize until this episode that Kosh had set Talia up with the vicar so Lyta could uproot the mole when the time came. All this time I thought the Shadows were subtle, but boy, those Vorlons are a pretty sneaky bunch, too.

No wonder Ivanova has a hard time with relationships. Sheesh...sleeping with Talia one night, next day Talia is gone, never to return...but gets to find out it's over from the "new" Talia. JMS is good at twists.

What would have been really goofy is the discovery that Talia was the shooter trying to kill Lyta. Well, I mean she was the shooter, but I didn't see any clue indicating who it was, just that gloved red hand. Too bad they couldn't make the glove black. Then again, it was in a red-lit area, so maybe it was just a too-subtle clue?

Delenn seems to be very interested in Sheridan now. Almost enough at times to be embarrassed.

I saw a lot in this episode that I'd missed before. Kind of neat that things seen again are making the show interesting to watch again.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast