Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actualy its Pool Area and Trophy Display. Weve got an official synopsis around here somewhere. cool PC?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

(arriving on cue)

The PATD has existed for close to seven years now. IT was first formed at the babylon 5 Pathfinder bulletin board when a poster, Slare, recieved a chemistry award his senior year of College. We asked Slare to show us his trophy, he refused to do so, and well lets say the bad, guttaral jokes started to flow.

In order to properly celebrate, and have a social topic to goof in, someone, not sure who but it was not myself and I do not think it was Slare, started the Trophy Display. The trophy display quickly grew to include a pool and later a hot tub, steam room, and so on and so forth. The pool was normally filled with wet items that were not water like flavored massage oil and baby oil.

This was a major break through for the Pathfinder crowd. Up until that point all we had were topics to discuss Babylon 5 and I think the Anything topic for general announcements. The original PATD included posts from Slare, Saradin, Green Drazi, Mirafan, Buscar Sabre, Kneesers, Idril, jpj, Dr. Winston, myself, Khor-ah, and many of the others who have now gone beyond the rim.

In time,the PATD has grown into a large playground were people post and have fun. Magic is abused, whale sharks swim around the hot tub, and branched off a large number of other topics.

For me, the PATD is a reminder of the group of people who taught me about the net and what it meant to be a community. It is a huge deal, even if I am not all tha active in it any more. It reminds me of the times when B5 was airing, te debates we would have (that make the timeline debate in the Crusade topic look like nothing), the discussions about the shows, and the overall comraderie shared by a small group of obsessed individuals. It is a piece of posting history, I guess a part of the heritage left to this current group of posters by folks some have never known.

I love the PATD

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Crazy a,

That would be Pool and Trophy (sometimetimes spelled Trophey) Display. It is a cyber meeting place to have drinks, socialize, bask in the hottub, etc. Basically anything goes except going against people's pet peeves. There are wizzards running in great numbers, some of them caast spells when they're really blitzed and therefore crazy things happen because of it.