Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I think it is safe to say that Earthgov is on the side of the bad guys here. Clark talking to Morden and helping assasinate Santiago is a bad bad sign. When it stinks that bad at the top, most of the upper layers smell as well.

I love seeing the Flaming Tiki Torch first ones again. They make me laugh every time. biggrin

It's a good ep for Ivanova. She mostly doesn't overact and gets some good one-liners. And she thinks on her feet. More so than pretty boy Marcus who was content to head home. Apparently persistance wasn't part of the Ranger training wink

And I am a EFC fan, so maybe a topic is a good idea smile

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Ok, maybe I did a poor job of making a point. I didn't mean that Sheridan and the EMH were on par with one another. And to be truthful, I like the Sheridan character 50/50 for the most part. I used Prof's description on purpose, because <u>when</u> he's a Chowderhead?, the character is lame. Well acted, but lame. What I personally think was needed is a combination of Sinclair and Sheridan personalities. Just didn't get written that way.

Ivanova did get a couple of good one-liners in there. "That's ok, I understand the Vorlons carried you the last time." (Paraphrased). Talk about lighting a fire under those torches!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oooooops

bye bye, stand alone episodes, hello story arc.

has anyone ever discovered what the tiki torch first ones were saying about the vorlons? [i like to refer to them as the 'zogs'] they clearly didn't like them, but i've never seen an explanation of why they didn' like them.

iz

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hey! i can answer my own question!

serves me right for not reading the Guide.

as far as i can tell, no spoilers here--

From the Lurker's Guide:

The First Ones sure have fragile egos.

The other part, I think, is that they were kind of amused to see this dinky little ship getting in their face, when they *knew* the First Ones could blast 'em to bits... Ivanova wanted to get in the face of the First Ones, to say, "Look, you can blow me away, but damn it, listen to me." If she'd said that "more reverently," as your friend noted, it would've worked against the logic of the scene and the resolution.

Would it be fair to say the First Ones weren't pleased to hear the Vorlons mentioned?

Fair, yes. Well, this isn't a *literal* translation, because some words don't translate, but the *sense* of the sentence would be "the vorlons can kiss my ____."

Was the mask image just a representation, or was it what the Walkers actually look like?

It's certainly a form of representation, an icon, rather than the literal entity, yes.

So who is older, the Shadows or the Walkers???

The shadows, but just by a smidge.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So did our heros make a mistake in seizing the dust? Clearly, the Narn could have done a lot of damage to the Centauri occupation with this stuff. Why not let them have it?

Or would this have ultimately been the wrong thing to do? Leading the Narns into addiction and dependence on the dust dealers? And continuing the endless killing between Narn and Centauri that Kosh so clearly indicates will end in mutual destruction if not halted.

Glitch glitch glitch: In the flashback to Londo's original appointment as ambassador, we see a rather dapper lookin Mollari, well groomed and well-dressed. Actually, in the earliest episodes of B5, Londo was somewhat slovenly. At least, his hair was never properly manicured, as it is later on, when he becomes respected and important. Somebody in makeup should have mussed up that hair.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Iz, what can I say about &quot;The Lurkers Guide&quot;? Similar experience with what everyone sees when they see a Vorlon. Off the top of my head I can't remember the guy who runs it, but he's done a fantastic job.

I got to see &quot;Dust to Dust&quot; for the first time end to end. Bester on telepath suppresants...funny how some things never change. Bester never changes.
    G'Kar is fully aware of what he's up to, and tests it on Londo. Heh...boy did he get more than he bargained for. And once again, we see Kosh working his magic on the younger race. I guess when the mind is in an alternate state, he has no problem revealing himself and his message.
    Just as a note...Walter Koenig's wife plays the part of the female PsiCorp cop at the end.The female Psi Cop here *was* the same as in ARTDP, played by Judy Levitt, who is also Walter's wife. Cool...could this be a trend?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Or maybe he was well-dressed and dapper because he thought he was going somewhere. Once reality set in, well, he sort of lost his motivation. Now that I don't work full time, sometimes I don't feel like showering, either! biggrin

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

What can one say about "Exogenesis"? If you're like me and you're used to things moving along, this one was a bit of a let down. I guess it's nice that Franklin and Marcus can work together. But the story about the aliens looking for short-termed lifeforms to continue their existance so as to preserve the "memory of the past"...I dunno. What would have been interesting once Sheridan found out about these creatures is to have a little sit-down session and see what they could tell him regarding the Shadows in the past. And, those that supported them, too. Man, talk about a missed opportunity.
    I did like the setup with Marcus and the roses. Neither Marcus nor Ivanova has a clue to the real story, but they're set up anyway. Poor Corwin. Talk about an inauguration to higher rank. I think his reaction to Ivanova's invitation to come to her quarters may have influenced his response to her primary question. He was far from comfortable in her quarters, so he's going to give the politically correct answer, regardless. Could be interesting...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123