Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

<font face="georgia">Togo Brockhouse of Loamsdown</font> comes up for "The Wizzard" (no single name entries, I see...). My real name comes up as <font face="georgia">Samwise Sandybanks of Frogmorton</font>.
    Smurf-wise, I'm known as <font face="georgia">Quantum Smurf.</font> How cool...

<font size="-4" face="arial">Yeah, I tried "The Wizzard", but I'll be damned if I post <u>that</u> response!</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Azziz, no not publicly biggrin

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My Smurf name comes out to "Jurassic Smurf."I take it I'm designated a dinosaur.

wink
    [This message has been edited by absom4 (edited July 22, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by absom4 (edited July 22, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<font color=red>I decided to post this here as well as in the JMS SPEAKS topic.</font>

<hr>
    Subject: Re: Legend Of The Rangers REVIEW online now.......
    Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

FYI there's a good article/interview on Rangers at:
    www.prevuemagazine.com/Articles/Flash

jms

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Erythrina,

Since I ride too, I can understand missing B5 for that! biggrin

I'm going on a local/long distance trip on my m motorcycle to Ontario, Wisconsin in a couple of weeks. I'm so looking forward to it.

Sounds like you had a great time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OK. I played around with the hobbit name thing a bit more.

Real name came out (as previously reported) to: Prisca Goldworthy of Michel Delving

PollyMath Prospero came out as Beryl Sackville-Bracegirdle.

Polly Math came out as Zelda Deepdelver as Brockenborings. I rather like this on. Deepdelver is a nice family name.

And the name of the character I used for the Never Ending Story, Miranda Just, came out as Primula Goodbody of Frogmorton. So, the question is, what is a "Goodbody" for a hobbit, and how did my family come by this appelation? Are we all hotties? This could be fun. And I kind of like the name Primula. Never heard it before. I think it has a lot of dignity for a hobbit name.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm back! And gosh, the board is back! This is great.

For the few of you who might have been wondering where I've been (BTW, I'm Pansy Goldworthy of Michel Delving), I took a motorcycle trip to San Antonio Texas and back, and have I got the biker tan to prove it!

What an incredibly great adventure that was... we met up with some Rotarian bikers on the way to San Antonio, and once we got to Texas, it was BBQ and Mexican food all the way!

The upshot of that was that I missed nearly all of B5 Season 4, and am picking up Season 5 right at the beginning. So there's a hole in my mind, but that was obvious from the beginning.

Hugs to all, I've missed you!

Ery

------------------
    The Red Witch
    True Names by Vernor Vinge
    [email protected]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Ok, two of you ride motorcycles. I'm honestly, seriously thinking about "re-entry", so to speak. However, I stopped riding regularly about 20 years ago. How crazy is this?
    BMW R1100RT after taking the MSF course?
    Previous experience was a Honda 350, Honda 750, and a Suzuki 600cc (can't remember the model), 4 cylinder sportbike (aka crotch-rocket) that I maybe put 100 miles on total. Let's see...took a K1000GS around the parking lot a couple of weeks ago to see if I could stay on, make U-turns and shift up and down. It felt good, but also a bit awkward. However, I didn't drop the bike smile. Any hints, advice? I've started checking out some riding gear as well (no tanktop/flip-flops for me!). Oh yeah...I crashed once on a curve 'cause I didn't lean enough. Broke my collar bone, and got a serious case of road-rash on my left arm. Boots, helmet, gloves took care of the rest. That's it in a nutshell. Ok, whaddya think? (Lyta and Ery mostly, but all others may chime as well).

Wizzard

------------------
    Do not tempt the patience of Wizzards, for they are subtle, and quick to anger.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Polly! "Primula" was Frodo's mother. Miss Primula Brandybuck married Drogo Baggins. The two were drowned boating on the Brandywine when Frodo was just a child. He then went to live with his uncle Bilbo.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wizz,

I'd say if you feel ready to ride, and you want to ride, go for it, but I would take the MSF course first before getting your bike, even though you use to ride. I took the course and I don?t regret it, even the "season" riders in my class took away something useful from the MSF course. A beginner will take even more away from the class. The class will get you up to speed and provide that extra practice since you haven't been riding in a while. Heck, I rather drop one of their bikes then mine. smile After taking the class, practice what you learned in a deserted parking lot (slow turns, weaving etc.), and then take the bike out on back roads before heading into high traveled areas.

Have fun and keep the shiny side up!