Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, Wizz, The Vorlons created the telepaths on behalf of the AOL's side, which includes the League. Also the league is benefiting from the Interstellar Alliance due to their part in the Shadow Vorlon War and Byron figures since they were messed with by both the Shadows and the Vorlons, they too should benefit from the Alliance.

I don't agree with Byron's thinking, but that's how I interept his thinking. In my opinion if they wanted a seat in the Alliance, they should join and be regulated by the same rules as the rest of the members. Not to expected to be treated as well as the members, but not be one.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I thought the Vorlons created telepaths for their own use, beginning about 200 years before the time the B5 story is taking place. Seems to me that's when teeps starting popping up in ever increasing numbers on Earth, according the the PsiCorps trilogy, well before the AOL and the Interstellar Alliance existed.

I agree Lyta got pooped on big time, but she keeps going back to doing what gets her pooped on in the first place, helping out other folks without making sure she's going to be compensated. At least, up to this point. Can't say anything else without spoiling something.... wink

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ya, I agree. The Vorlons knew that telepaths were a bane for the Shadows, and they also knew that the Shadows would eventually return. Now, as for the human telepaths, I think they started tinkering with the human race when they determined that they'd be space-faring by the time the Ancient Enemy surfaced. Probably due to information retrieved from Valen a thousand years ago, eh? Were the telepaths inserted because AOL was coming? Maybe. Thing is, I don't believe that Byron gathered all of this from one enounter with Lyta. He learned the big picture, probably, but got all that level of detail? Uh uh...

What I can't figure out is why the Vorlons didn't return to Narn and replentish that races telepath population.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wizz:
    What I can't figure out is why the Vorlons didn't return to Narn and replentish that races telepath population. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe because the Narns had allowed the Shadows a base on their Homeworld and the Vorlons weren't inclined to help them out after that? Just a guess.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I always assumed that the Vorlons did just enough genetic tinkering that telepaths would occur eventually. A few recessive genes here and there would finally add up and make a full blown teep.

So when all the Narn teeps were wiped out, maybe the Vorlons did try to re-create them and it would just take a while to develop. I don't know that they did. Maybe they didn't have a chance, but I think they would have. Would 1000 years be enough to get them back? Don't know.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

1000 years? Probably. My memory of details regarding Babylon 5 is well known...to be of little value. However, didn't the Vorlons start tinkering with human telepath potential 200 years ago? Like the year 2000? I know they've been around much longer, since Sebastian originated in the 1800's. Thing is, if the Vorlons got telepathy in the human race going in 200 years (based on the first book about Bester), certainly they could have kick-started the Narns back into the Vorlon mind-set just after the Shadows went back for their nap.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I bet Fan is right. They were miffed that the Narns had been Shadow touched and probably that the Narns weren't behaved like good girls and boys.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I think Sleeping in Light is on tonight, or else tomorrow night--I always have a tough time watching this--so if anyone wants to discuss reactions, see ya here--

iz

------------------
    "Close your mouth, Michael, we are not a codfish."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Yup, It was on last night. I am certainly curious as to any new outlooks on this. I gotta admit, I did get a little weepy with Delenna and Sheridans little "you are my sun, moon, stars." bit.

------------------
    Nommy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I always find the very end hard to take--when everyone leaves the station and then they turn out the lights and it destructs. That seems to be an instant of real loss. The end of the immediately preceding episode, Objects at Rest, when Sheridan and Delenn leave for Mimbar and everyone assembled on the bridge for "one last look" is another really sad scene. And the dinner party is also kind of a tear-jerker, especially when Vir admits that he really misses Londo. Maybe because it serves as a reminder about how many people are gone at that point.

This time through I did notice a few things. I finally saw the mirror effect. You really have to stare at it hard. Also, it occurred to me that only Delenn actually knew that Sheridan wasn't coming back from his "Sunday drive." I think she was supposed to tell everyone else that he got up early and went out to fly a ship one last time. If they had known it was a one way ticket, I think they would have followed him.

Still don't like parts of the script--not alerting David, for example, and Sheridan simply 'walking out' on his family and friends. On the other hand, I've always liked the scene between Zack and Sheridan. And this time I noticed that when they did the flashback, where Sheridan promises an end to the Shadow War, they also caught that instant when Lennier is glaring up at him with a look of real hatred. So there's always this hint of tragedy within tragedy.

One thing I've never been certain about is whether or not Lorien really comes back to Corialus. Or did Sheridan just hallucinate it, and then disintegrate into a "non-localized phenomenon" like Kosh? If no one comes back from beyond the Rim, then how did Lorien manage it? And in the previous episode, when Lockley asks Sheridan, "Where does all the time go?" he answers, "It goes that way, beyond the Rim," implying that everything on this side of the Rim is bound by the flow of time, which goes only in one direction.

Oh well, maybe I'll have an answer by the next time this shows.

------------------
    "Close your mouth, Michael, we are not a codfish."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12