Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Well,

From what I have seen in little tv tidbits, it looks pretty cool. Certainly abit less anticeptic thaan TNG and/or TOS. We shall see how this works. I am keeping an open mind.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Really good article in Next weeks TV guide. Cool Pics of the new ship and some pretty good character profiles as well as a few teasers about the direction the plot will go in. Definitely seems a better premise than alot of the other ones we heard about while waiting for it to become official.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I have mixed feelings I guess. I think prequels are hard to do and mess up continuity.

But it should be interesting wink

------------------
    Vir: Kiron may die because our "glorious" tradition values wealth and power over love.
    Londo: My shoes are too tight.
    Vir: Excuse me?
    Londo: Something my father said. He was old, very old at the time. I went into his room, and he was sitting alone in the dark, crying. So I asked him what was wrong, and he said, "My shoes are too tight, but it doesn't matter, because I have forgotten how to dance." I never understood what that meant until now. My shoes are too tight, and I have forgotten how to dance. - Babylon 5
    - Really I am a woman...honest!
    - Resident KiSA (Knight in Shining Armor!)
    - I believe trust is more important than monogamy (Savage Garden - Affirmation)
    - Namesake of AsIs the kitten!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Just curious, I'm wondering what everyone else thinks of the new Star Trek series starting soon. You know, pre thoughts.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I share your reservations AsIs. But hopefully they're for naught, because Berman and Braga are writing it and if memory serves me correctly they did all of Voyager and DS9, and about half of TNG, so maybe they can pull it off.

BTW, good to see a post from ya, I was affraid maybe we'd lost you too. Bad enough to have already lost one very insightful poster in PC, don't know what we'd do if we lost you too smile

------------------
    Sindatur - The Grey owl Wizzard

Inactive Member Sycamore Evenstar's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm looking forward to the series--more so than when I first heard that it was on its way. The original statements didn't sound very exciting. I credit their series of tantilizing ads during Voyager for my more welcoming attitude. Hope I'm not too disappointed. Course Scott Bakula doesn't hurt, either. BTW, is he the only *adult* in the crew?!

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Enterprise the Series Pilot - Broken Bow

I went into it having little to no expectations so I was actually pleasantly surprised. I really liked it when the one crew member suggested using the transporter to reclaim Klang and Archer said no, they've "gone through too much to risk bringing him back inside out". Unfortunately they kinda killed that when they used it to grab Archer at the final second before he got toasted by the Suliban. I would've really liked them to wait a full season before doing something like that after having fiddled with the functionality of the transporter for several episodes.

T'Pol was cool. She was a perfect blend of early B'Lana, Seven, and Kira the way she started out in the episode, and that woulda gotten old real quick so they mellowed her by episode's end.

Dr. Phloxx, definitely a Neelix retread. And the black helmsman seems to be Tom Paris. I liked that Archer is more Kirk than Sisko or Picard, although he is a rather laid back Kirk most of the time. Couldn't find anyone to compare the First officer to, he seems to have his own character, that was a nice touch. The dark haired guy was a retread of the genetically altered and knowing it Dr. Bashir except on the bridge rather than sickbay.

At least they didn't retread Chakotay and Janeway.

All in All, I think it may turn out to be a better series than I had hoped, certainly seems to have more promise than Voyager which although I liked several of Voyagers characters, the stories simply weren't any good generally.

Here's to hoping it gets better (I've seen worse pilots for good shows) and that they tread carefully and don't screw up history that is already established.

------------------
    Sindatur - The Grey owl Wizzard

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I will have to watch it on Sunday!

I hatee when I miss the openings.

------------------
    Nommy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

What???? I missed the opening episode??? Dayum!...what day is it?

------------------
    Do not tempt the patience of Wizzards, for they are subtle, and quick to anger.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hesitate to post this, but I was very disappointed. I thought the whole thing smelled of retread. Bakula seemed wooden to me and I kept getting the impression that he was having difficulty remembering his lines. This is not meant to be nit-picking. I expected much more than this from the opener and feel let down.

The plot had holes large enough to fly the Enterprise through and there were too many pat situations. Additionally, the taping was ragged. One portion, as an example, left the screen blank for a lengthy period.

I know others will stongly disagree. Sorry, can't help it.

------------------
    absom

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast