-
January 17th, 2001, 10:51 PM
#1
DeeJay
Guest
I see they have Cherie on there occasionally. Cherry Bomb, For Your Eyes Only, Messing with the Boys cd. Nothing I don't have. The Runaways is even more boring with the obvious stuff everyone should already have.
Now I have been on napster checking it out for about 3 weeks and I am bored with it. I think it is a big con for the lazy and ill-informed and full of bugs. To me there is nothing on there that I really really need to have. It seems a waste of time cause you can get all this shit on CD.
And if you think your gonna save money on not buying cds cause you get your songs off napster then your ripping yourself off as the quality is shite.
What does everyone else think of napster apart from the obvious arguements that we hear over and over?
-
January 18th, 2001, 03:56 AM
#2
Inactive Member
It seems to me, DeeJay, that if you let people download songs from your computer...then they would also have access to anything else in your system. I mean somebody with the knowledge that is!
And personally, I don't want to find out if that's possible.
-
January 18th, 2001, 01:18 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Good question, Deej.
Brian makes a good point, apparently Napster creates a go-anywhere platform for even minor league hackers.
I'm uncomfortable copying songs that are in violation of copyright because we all know how badly screwed musicians are by record companies.
The quality issue will probably disappear in time as the technology improves. My son has an MP3 player the size of a short fat pencil. The convenience of this compared to a CD player that skips all the time is undeniable.
But the free music days may be numbered, and we'll soon see many more fee-based downloads like what David Bowie is doing. If this eliminates layers of music industry go-betweens and often-corrupt radio producers, this might work well for consumers as well as musicians.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks