Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: marketing ideas

SCHEMESofNEON

Lightbulb

Imagine if Cherie or the Runaways were produced liked the rock group KISS.....
    lunch boxes, pinball machines, jackets, comic books ,fanzines everywhere..... imagine ......your VERY own Cherie Currie doll! yes , thats right ...an adorable 12 inch poseable life like cherry bomb -CHAINSAW CHICK by day- ROCKSTAR by NIGHT
    With REAL chainsaw ACTION, Cherie becomes the creative artist carving unimaginable art from wood! BY night your ready to rock with Cherie dressed in her Glam glitter
    silver Japan era outfit !

additional accessories sold separately
    (not recommended for children under 25 )
    [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/idea.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/martini.gif[/img]

special offer :
    poseable Joan Jett doll with real sound - OOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hehee, you saw that VH1 interview/special on KISS this afternoon, didn't you?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Good thinking Schemy!
    I think the dolls should be manufactured by the Sparkle Figurine Company. I've wanted a Cherry Bomb lunch box really bad for a long time! Of coarse a Cherry Bomb pinball machine would be super-awesome too! The sound effects should include a song sample so that every time you make a BIG score bells ring, lights flash and you hear Ch Ch Ch Ch Cherry Bomb!!
    [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Another marketing idea would be a tribute CD of various artists covering 60's/70's songs similar to what Rush did on the new live album. There would have to be several classics featuring Cherie along with Joan Jett.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ohhh yeah, Mr Frosty, I likes your idea a lot. There are so many bands influnced by the Runaways that could return the favor by doing a cover track. It could turn into a multi disc set. There are several members of this board, that I would like to hear doing a cover song.

Roger

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A Runnaways Tribute CD would be an awsome idea. I was thinking also on the lines of Cherie doing a few cover songs and could do a better version of 'Sweet Child o mine' than Cheyl Crow did. For some other strange reason I can picture 'Boots made for walking'. She'd look cute up there on stage shaking a tambourine.

SCHEMESofNEON

Reved -I missed that Vh1 special on KISS [img]frown.gif[/img]

HA HA ! Gus loved your pinball idea -awesome!

Ella and Mr. Frosty- good ones also, there's so many bands doing tribute CD's these days...
    Mr. Frosty Your right she would look cute , am thinking of her shimming in a fringed type go-go dress - hee hee

[img]graemlins/idea.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Originally posted by SCHEMESofNEON:
    Imagine ......your VERY own Cherie Currie doll! yes , thats right ...an adorable 12 inch poseable life like cherry bomb -CHAINSAW CHICK by day- ROCKSTAR by NIGHT
    With REAL chainsaw ACTION, Cherie becomes the creative artist carving unimaginable art from wood! BY night your ready to rock with Cherie dressed in her Glam glitter
    silver Japan era outfit !
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">When I saw this Joan Jett doll on ebay I couldn't help but imagine a Cherie Currie doll by the very same doll maker!
    Did you see this Schemy?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true

All I can say is WOW!!!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That would have been so [img]cool.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow, pretty neat doll! I currently collect rockstar action figures. I already own a Kiss "Alive 1" set (complete with instruments, stage and working lights" and also a Jimmy Hendrix woodstock doll. I bid on a Rob Zombie doll and two Marilyn Manson dolls are on their way [img]biggrin.gif[/img] . I'm pretty sure we can all bug the owners/makers of McFarlane dolls (who are the makers of my Kiss/Hendrix dolls)and try to convince them to release a Joan Jett or The Runaways action dolls. They are about to release Led Zepellin ones this fall. check out their site at www.spawn.com [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast