Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Newbie

  1. #1
    ZoeVette
    Guest ZoeVette's Avatar

    Post

    Hiya... [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]

    Just wanted to stick my nose in and say hello........ I'm new here.

    I'm a big fan of the Runaways! They are my biggest influence, musically.

    And hey - Cherie's book helped me out of a sticky situation when I was young and in my all-girl band! [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member charlie c's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2002
    Posts
    1,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Zoe what's up. Cherie's book touched me as well. Welcome and visit again soon we have a good time here. There are great folks that post here.

  3. #3
    EllaNoise
    Guest EllaNoise's Avatar

    Post

    Zoevette, Welcome to one of the friendliest Boards around, Cherie has been (and still is) an inspiration to a lot of people.

    There are several musicians here on board, But most of us play normal sized guitars (unlike the Gus Dude...LOL)

    Make yourself at home here, Its a cool place to be.

    ...Peace...

  4. #4
    ZoeVette
    Guest ZoeVette's Avatar

    Thanks! You all seem quite friendly. And funny, too! [img]wink.gif[/img]

    I appreciate the welcome mat!

    Zoe [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2002
    Posts
    3,051
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome to this wild and crazy board ZoeVette...
    Wonderful bunch of people here. That's great about your own group. Got any samples we can hear. Have fun on the board. NewYorkJettster~

    <font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ April 06, 2003 08:47 PM: Message edited by: NewYorkJettster ]</font>

  6. #6
    ZoeVette
    Guest ZoeVette's Avatar

    Post

    Samples? You definitely don't wanna hear the band I referred to in my post! That was a long time ago - and we sucked [img]wink.gif[/img]

    However! I do have more recent music you might like better [img]wink.gif[/img] I'll upload'em to a website - then I'll post the URL here.

    [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] Zoe

  7. #7
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    It's very nice to meet you ZoeVette. Glad you "stuck your nose in" and said hello.
    I think it's great that Cherie's book helped you and so many others!
    All-Girl Band??? Sounds cool! What do you play?
    I play a little guitar myself. Gonna get a bigger one someday! LOL!
    Happy posting here!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  8. #8
    Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2002
    Posts
    3,051
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Sounds great Zoe~ [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Sounds great ZoeVette!
    All my stuff is on cassette tape. I want to learn to transfer to disc
    so I can upload to a website too.
    It would be fun to hear you jammin' [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    Do you write your own stuff?
    Well.....gotta run!
    [img]graemlins/coffee.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  10. #10
    ZoeVette
    Guest ZoeVette's Avatar

    Post

    Hey Gus

    Yeah - I write my own stuff, collaborate with friends sometimes - anything to get a decent song. And I do some covers out of fun - a punk version of "99 Luftballons" (in german) is my fave cover though. In my previous line-up, we did"The French Song" by Joan Jett.

    I plan on working a Runaways song into this line-up though.

    You can hook up your cassette player into the mic line of your computer. Go to Cnet.com downloads and get a program called Goldwave. It's free - and you can edit your sound - turn things into MP3's - etc. I've resorted to that in the past.

    [img]wink.gif[/img]
    Zoe [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic