Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Right on Sparkle [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
    Ditto Charlie C [img]graemlins/coffee.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/coffee.gif[/img]
    [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Sparklelynx [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
    I am imagining it right now! I picture all the stickfigures and claymation characters lip-syncing in perfect harmony. Playing little Washburn guitars in perfect rythm with one another right up until the big finale!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    Great idea!
    [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

I think it would be cool just to give back a little something to Cherie, Marie, All The Runaways. (like the song the Board wrote, or a somehow possible music video...

I'm sure I speak for alot of people on this board when I say we look forward to reading your poem/song Charlie.

I guess all I'm saying is that after some of those hard years of people slamming the girls, it would really warm the heart to see The Runaways get something back from all of us fans!!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

To all the Girls thanks for the Music! [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ August 29, 2002 05:28 PM: Message edited by: sparklelynx ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Make it triple. I have had a poem/potential song idea milling around my head for the last 3 weeks. I have been inspired by people on board contributions. Enough talk I'll put the pen to the paper after work tonight.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

There's Something Really Wonderful About Cherie 'The Music Video'
    Opening Scene (submitted for your approval)
    As the music gradually fades in, 4 people in center frame are walking briskly toward the camera in a crowded mall interspersed with clips of a claymation wagon train somewhere west of the Pecos. As the music builds and the four people get closer and closer you don't realize who they are until just as the vocals begin (that's right it's Tyme2Play, NewYorkJettster, Charlie C and Gus Danger/All four sing the first verse)
    Theres something really wonderful about Cherie [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]
    She's like a rainbow as far as we can see
    And we'll never give up; never surrender
    We'll circle the wagons. We'll stand and defend her!

(jump to claymation; wagons circling: unfriendly stickfigures on the warpath for a brief instrumental preceding the first chorus.
    I'm thinking all the FRIENDLY stickfigures should then sing the chorus with a translucent image of Cherie Currie prevalent throughout, but I don't have anything specific in mind.
    So where do we go from here? You tell me!
    The Chorus goes like this (as if you need a reminder!)
    She says we're all just too much [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]
    well if it's so it's 'cause she has such
    wonderful ways and that's what started it all
    and that's why she stays here at the heart of it all

Sparkle> Your part of the song just HAS to be YOUR vocal solo too! How would you envision that part of the message board music video?
    TeamCat1 and CCfan as members of the 'CCMB Band' you also should have solos in this totally unprecedented and remarkable video endeaver.
    I figure a mall would be a good setting where anything could happen.
    Any ideas folks?
    More later,
    [img]graemlins/idea.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The mall is good but we need an out door feel as well. You recall Cherie's chainsaw and SW art and decor may lend itself to her "outdoorsy" side.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Charlie,
    How about a swap-meet instead of a mall?
    No! A state fair! That way we could have a live band sequence too!
    The verse you wrote could then take an even more outdoorsy turn.
    I figured TeamCat's solo would have lots of sunshine and dandelions as well!
    And of coarse the chainsaw absolutely must be in there somewhere too. Any ideas Cherie?
    More later,
    [img]wink.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks all for the get-well wishes. Feeling much better today after lot's of rest and meds.

Actually I think a mall and a state fair could both work! Something like we all meet at a mall and discover our beloved "CHERIE" will be appearing at a state fair that night!!! So we jump in our covered wagon's head across the dessert passing up some little towns with "CHERIE's" southwestern artwork posted in some of the window's of the little stores we pass by!! OR- it could show us walking through an old-time mall with "Cherie's and Maries" artwork at the mall.(With permission from them of course!) Or-we could all meet at an old-southwestern saloon!

When we get to the state fair or on the way to the state fair the "song" we all wrote could begin. Or if were at the saloon it could start right there and build to us going to see "CHERIE" perform in concert.

I'm just wondering, how many people on the board play musical instrument's and what kind? This could help on the song.

Oh Gus- a solo huh? Eh-hummm me me me! Oh solo-me-ohhhh!!! I'll think about that one!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Hey- HAPPY LABOR EVERYONE!!!! [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Good morning Sparklelynx!
    So glad you are feeling better! I like your ideas.
    The saloon would be good at the beginning. Maybe the whole thing could start with a honky tonk piano deal. Didn't somebody say they play the piano out there? Lots of guitarists here I know but we will need drums and percussion, piano, flute, tubular bells etc.etc.
    I play a little harmonica and have been known to go wild on the kazoo too! LOL!!
    The claymation Sparkle could take some of the limelight off your shoulders Sparkle but who but you could sing your words better?
    This here music video is as much fun to make as it would be to watch!!!
    More later,
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus