Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Gus, I can't swing the ax but I lend my vocal stylings.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Or maybe something like a C.C.R. type feeling of music would be good. Maybe a beat something like, "Lookin' Out My Back..." or "Down On The Corner", or "Run Through The Jungle". Maybe something like that would work in there somewhere.

I mentioned the "Johnny Guitar" song because to me(IMO), when Cherie sings this song, there's so much feeling in it! You just want to reach through the tape or cd and just hug her because you KNOW she's just pouring her feeling's into this song. I love it! True feelings in her singing, so much talent!!! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

I'm thrilled to see some people stepping up to the percussion parts...Bongo's are a blast! [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]

By the way Gus- I did see Sandy's letter on The Runaways site. Oh Sandy....we request your presense...where are my little kitten? You cannot Hide!!! LOL [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Oh the other reason I mention Black and White Photography is I think it would be alot more cost effective. Ya Know...hate to bring it up but we gotta think of all the angles!

So these are just a few of my thought's! Whatta think?

Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I for one love C.C.R. And your ideas sound great so far! Strike a pose [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img]
    - NYJ - [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey just a few idea to throw at ya really quick. I'm on my lunch break at the moment.
    I'm just thinking that we need to remember to add in the black and white photograghy...maybe the friendly audience could be the black and white photography...
    also, as far as the music itself...isn't Cherie kind-of associated with a "Blues" rock style? Like "Johnny Guitar"...I was thinking maybe we could get a little bit of a bluesy feel to part of the song...
    Just "brainstorming" here for a moment, what do ya think? [img]graemlins/idea.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

[img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] I've got the blues so bad it hurts my feet to walk
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] I've got the blues so bad it hurts my feet to walk
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] I've got the blues so bad it hurts my tongue to talk
    Great idea Sparkle! Sorry I didn't reply sooner but I've been busier than a cow's tail in fly season lately! LOL
    I think your solo should definitely be bluesy. I've been playing it as sort of a moderate rocker
    in E with a little A & G thing thruout on the verses. I was thinking of a Dm Am Em deal in there somewhere but not on the chorus. I just can't figure out what to do with that yet. The barbershop quartet deal will be hard to connect so I suggest the short instrumental preceding the first chorus actually be a drum solo. Better yet let all the percussionists go wild! It's an unfriendly stick figure attack after all the more raucous the better. IMO!
    Bongo Fever for CCfan!
    Charlie For some reason I thought you was an AXist! Thanks for singing. Are you as nervous as I am about the barbershop quartet deal? I assume it will be kind of a comedy bit so that'll be my excuse for imperfect harmony!
    Black and white photos flashing on the screen at various times maybe?
    I'll try to put it all together for the 3rd draft soon.
    Sparkle what do you have in mind for your solo on the video. I hope the Lynx will make an appearance!
    NYC I love CCR too! You snappin' black and white there?
    More later folks!
    [img]wink.gif[/img] GD

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

The lynx in the sparkle would love to make an appearence! [img]graemlins/cat.gif[/img] If I was going to sing a solo for CHERIE, it would be from the depths of my soul for her! It just has to be that way!

I'm thinking I'd like it the video to have alot of movement up until the part..."She stopped all the Angel's between Heaven and H*ll"...at that moment everything stops, goes quiet, Not the music, just things moving in the background. I like it to have a heavenly/clouds feeling with the shimmer of sparkles coming down from the sky. Then the movement start picking up again while all of us are just rocking away! That's kind of what I had in mind.

I love the barber shop quartet idea by the way!

NYJ- If we meet In N.Y. I just might bring your little clamation character with me and give it to you! So long as you take it all in fun!!! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Of course Sparkle~ all in fun. Have you decided when you might come to NY. - NYJ - [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Good morning Cherie People!
    I KNOW you will be singing from the soul Sparkle. I like to think our little song was written from our 'collective' soul 4 Cherie 4 sure!
    When you say everythings stops are you saying like a Freeze Frame kind of thing? What would THAT frame look like? A good point of reference as I visualize your video solo unfolding. I've been trying to bluesify the tune more and you were right it was meant to be!
    I trust your intuition on this here thing Sparkle and/or Lynx! This was ALL your idea to start with ya know!
    JetRnk the black and white photography was first mentioned by you. How would you say we should include this art form in our message board music video?
    NewYorkJettster how cool is that? Your claymation figurine hand delivered by the artist herself!
    That's all folks!
    4 now anyway.
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok Gus this is what I'm visualizing so far and if someone else has a different idea, please jump in.

The 8X10 photo on the piano is a B&W pic of Cherie standing with her legs slightly apart, back to the camera, arms to her sides wearing worn jeans with chaps, a leather halter top, and pointed boots with spurs. Her hair would be combed straight down and back behind her ears and she would be wearing a worn out cowboy hat. I also visualize her looking back at the camera with a sexy grin on her face. I'm not sure what the backdrop should be....

JetRnk [img]redface.gif[/img]