Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Foxes

  1. #1
    Inactive Member R0CKETMASTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2000
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    OK, i'm still waiting for Foxes to be released on DVD, not to mention the soundtrack on CD. I can't even remember how many times I went to the theatre/drive in to see this movie. forums


    sCott a RocketMaster

  2. #2
    DeeJay
    Guest DeeJay's Avatar

    I think I might go watch that movie again tommorrow. Thanks for the reminder sCott.

    Its definately the best thing Cherie has done.

    Whats your favourite scene anyone? I will come back and tell ya mine after I've watched it again forums

  3. #3
    Inactive Member devilsdaughter's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2000
    Posts
    13
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My favorite scene has always been when the Jodie Foster character goes home after looking for Cherie's character all day. She switches on the turntable and "More Than A Feeling" by Boston begins. Then she has a fight with her mom. I dunno why that scene has stuck in my head all these years. But every time I hear that Boston song I remember FOXES.
    I also like the dinner party scene where Cherie's character tells the Scott Baio character: "Why can't you be taller!" and then the Jodie character tells him "Don't worry about it. You're tall enough to eat dinner" - that cracks me up.
    By the way, I ain't no Jodie Foster fan. Just a coincidence I guess that my fave scenes involve her. She kinda bugs me with her hair parted on the side for the last 35 years....

  4. #4
    Inactive Member R0CKETMASTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2000
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    Hey DeeJay,
    Think i'm going to have to go watch it again myself. forums There a couple of favorite scenes, but I need to watch it again to narrow it down. forums


    sCott a RocketMaster

  5. #5
    Inactive Member SweetieGord's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2000
    Posts
    168
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    first time i saw the film, i cried at the end when cherie dies...then i got even more weepy when jodie leans against the tree and reminisces about annie...very poignant indeed.

    weepy gord

  6. #6
    Inactive Member SheriBomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 7th, 2000
    Posts
    103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, I cried too when "Annie" died and I didn't even know Cherie then - hee! She did a great job blasting that "blood" outta her mouth and nose! What about Laura Dern trying to crash the party?? @ forums)

  7. #7
    DeeJay
    Guest DeeJay's Avatar

    Cool

    Just got a chance to watch Foxes again. I remember the first time I watched it and I saw the picture of Cherie at her parents house in the frame with that red racing car driver type of suit on and thinking wow a picture from her Runaways days.

    Anyway my fave part is when Jodie Foster tackles her in the Hollywood hills and tells Annie off and Annie says can't anyone take a joke anymore. Her 'friends' were a bit over the top trying to run her down in their car. Nasty Americans.

    Also I like it how they miraculously round up the cast so fast that they get to the hospital in time to see Annie die forums At least the car crash didn't wreck Annies beautiful face. Sorta like a Princess Di death.

    [This message has been edited by DeeJay (edited September 02, 2000).]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member SweetieGord's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2000
    Posts
    168
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    so bloody well said DeeJay. annie looks gorgeous right to the end...and what a grisly end!

    i like the bit when she's running away from evil Daddy, through all those clothes lines. gosh, must have laundry day in the Valley fer sher, like, totally.

    uh, oh my gawwd!

    gnarled out gxx

  9. #9
    Inactive Member bart14's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 11th, 2000
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My favorite scene was the whole time they were in the store sampling chips and stuff and Cherie goofin' on Mr. hot-breath.
    I just watched the movie all the way through for the first time and it was only the second time I'd ever seen any of it. Don't stone me, but when it first came out I didn't know there was an ex-Runaway in it, probably because I didn't know there was a band called the Runaways in 1980. So how come I never found out about it 'til now? Umm, I guess I wasn't paying attention.
    I got a kick out of that line Jodie Foster had when talking to the guidance counselor when she said of Annie "she doesn't run away any more". And I always thought Jodie was hot, but Cherie was so gorgeous she made her look quite plain!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Brawny's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 2000
    Posts
    13
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    I love the scene where Cherie and Jodie wake up together and they're just lazily bullshiting, and then Marilyn Kagen calls to say she just had sex for the first time. Don't remember if Cherie or Jodie says it - I think Cherie - but something about "Our best friend just lost her virginity." Very touching moment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic