-
July 19th, 2004, 11:24 AM
#1
Inactive Member
I everyone! I'm new here and of course a big fan of cherie!
I'm looking for her book neon angel and I would like to know if it(s available in France or in England?
My other question is : does cherie and marie a bit french? Because the way their names are written looks french!
-
July 19th, 2004, 12:27 PM
#2
HB Forum Owner
Welcome marie jeanne!
Cherie's book is available worldwide over the internet.
Cherie's web store:
http://www.rocketcityrecords.com/cherie_merch2.htm
or
Rocket City's Ebay Store:
http://stores.ebay.com/Rocket-City-Records
if you choose our Ebay store, just click on books, or type Cherie into the search box and the book will pop right up.
Yes, I think you are right about the girls' names. I believe I have heard that they have both French and Scottish heritage. Maybe Cherie will tell us more?
Cherie's name is pronounced in the French way - rhyming with Marie. As for the Currie name, it is Scottish. It is my understanding that Curie with one *R* is French, and with two is Scottish.
In fact, here is a swatch of genuine Currie Clan Tartan!
-
July 19th, 2004, 02:31 PM
#3
moderator
Bonjour Marie! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
Welcome to Cherie's message board. Happy posting!
I assume she has some French in her. I know she has that certain jenesaisquoi, big time!
Enjoy Neon Angel when you get it. It's an excellent read!
More later,
[img]graemlins/coffee.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
Gus
-
July 22nd, 2004, 12:23 AM
#4
amusicalguy
Guest
Welcome marie jeanne!! I'm pretty new here too, but enjoy reading everyone's posts to the message board a whole lot!
You will really like Neon Angel! I just got it about 2 weeks ago through the ebay site, and couldn't put the book down. I read it in 2 days, but really could've finished it in a day. I felt that Cherie was actually telling me her story when reading her book, and couldn't believe what terrible things she's gone through in her life but am sure glad God was watching over her and brought her through those troubles to a time now where she is happy, healthy and drug free!! My only complaint with the book - and it's a very small complaint - is that I would've loved to read more stories about her time in the Runaways, bands she's met and how they treated her/the Runaways, and what her life since writing the book has been like. It's really a must have!! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
-
July 22nd, 2004, 07:08 AM
#5
Inactive Member
I everyone and thanks for your answerings [img]smile.gif[/img]
I've just order the book and I'm very impatient to start reading it. But foor sure it will take me more time than you to read it because of my not perfect english!!!!!!!!!
I would like to buy Foxes too, but here it's quite impossible to find it in video tape.
-
July 22nd, 2004, 12:19 PM
#6
Inactive Member
Hey new Cherie buddy!The book is awesome you'll read through it in an afternoon for sure!
Welcome aboard [img]smile.gif[/img]
Charlie
oui oui
-
July 22nd, 2004, 02:28 PM
#7
amusicalguy
Guest
Hi marie jeanne!
I think your grasp of the English language is very good, but I understand what you mean about taking more time to read the book since English is not your native tongue. You will enjoy the book I very sure of that!
About the Foxes video...I see used copies of it locally quite regularly for around $5.00 in the American NTSC format. So if you are able to play that format on your video player I would be happy to find you a copy of it and send it to you as long as you pay me back for all my costs (including the shipping costs). [img]smile.gif[/img] Just let me know if you are interested.
-
July 23rd, 2004, 09:26 AM
#8
Inactive Member
That would be wonderful!!!!!!!
I hink it's possible to formate a video player...
I'm going on holiday next tuesday, so I'll let you know when I'll be back.
By the way I would love to know you all more : how old are you, what's your interest in life, your job...
I'm 26 and I'm a new journalist. I love reading, music (especially rock'n'roll, and i love travelling. I went 3 times in USA, one in NYC, one in California and one in Florida. I just love your country and i have family in San Diego [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
July 24th, 2004, 01:06 AM
#9
amusicalguy
Guest
hey Marie Jeanne,
I forgot to tell you that I too have family in San Diego! I have a bunch of cousins that live there. It's a real pretty area - especially La Jolla with the cliffs and blue Pacific Ocean.
I'll keep an eye out for the Foxes movie for you.
-
July 24th, 2004, 01:16 PM
#10
SCHEMESofNEON
Guest
Welcome aboard Marie ...Foxes is a must have [img]graemlins/film.gif[/img] ( Cherie's acting debut )
Neon Angel is a also FAN-tastic book, was mesmerized from the first page through the last - a real [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - wrenchingly look into the life of our "Cherry-Bomb " can't wait for the up-dated version to come out!!!!
ROCKET -Thanks for the history lesson on Cherie's heritage- kinda knew French with the name - BUT I never knew she had Scottish in her also!
Wouldn't Cherie look cute wearing a "kilt "
[img]wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks