-
October 14th, 2005, 01:13 PM
#1
Inactive Member
What are a few of the things you miss most about the 70's? [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img]
-
October 14th, 2005, 10:18 PM
#2
Inactive Member
[img]smile.gif[/img] Most importantly I missed the honesty of the 60's. I think that there was much more confusion, maybe it had to do with the state of the world. We came out of the 60's...Viet Nam etc, Nixon, and we wanted to make things right. Kennedy's death put an end to our childhood. Hurt we were, but we wrote about it, talked about it, acted on it, travelled with it and dreamt along with everyone else of a new begining, tear down the barriers, 'let's get together'. At the same time those of us that didn't sell out to the multi-nationals became part of the disenfranchised. Sooo, we had no choice...we had to remain true to our goals or get swept up in the rush to materialism. I remember when 'last house' hit the theaters how misinterpreted it was and how vilified I was. Everyone thought I had to be that character. In a matter of weeks I had lost my record contract and got fired by my agent. I think what got to me the most is that instead of life imitating art...art began to imitate life. PACKAGING...it invaded everything. Music, Film, Dance, Theater etc. There was less spontaneity, more flash, less involvement, more splash. I went to Europe in 1972 and it hadn't been effected by the 'american way', but you could feel it coming. The studios began to gobble up the independents, the big publishers/record companies gobbled up the small and you could just feel the cult of the personality over running the 'creative process'. It hasn't changed a whit...we're still in the middle of it although I see a light at the end of the tunnel. The 60's were the light before the tunnel and we've had tunnel vision ever since. When the leading world power still has a presidential vote decided by an 'electoral college' that was put into place long before the advent of the industrial revolution, instead of simple majority it says reams about the system. We have been a nation of selection by committee for too long. We have no system in place to support the arts. The artist cannot survive in this country without selling out to the masses...hence the loss of honesty. The 60's were the 60's because they resonated what people felt. Once the door is closed on that kind of 'honesty' it's hard to get it to open again.
<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ October 14, 2005 08:33 PM: Message edited by: Krugsgirl ]</font>
-
October 14th, 2005, 11:26 PM
#3
Inactive Member
I hear ya.
But what were some of the good things you miss about the SEVENTIES. Afro's, chicks... a younger Sophie Loren? [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ October 14, 2005 08:36 PM: Message edited by: Krugsgirl ]</font>
-
October 15th, 2005, 12:49 AM
#4
Inactive Member
I'm gonna think on it. Off the cuff...not so much a look, more like a feel. I'm older too and that puts a different twist on it. Oh! I sure miss being able to get drunk and leave my doors open and expect what ever [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] I miss the grass. It tasted sweeter, no chemies, no bad trips, no recriminations. AND OF COURSE!!! Being able to get it on without the threat of death lurking on mattress. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] Wasn't no reason to rain on anybody's parade. [img]graemlins/storm.gif[/img] The government controlled toxins hadn't been released to the public...Yet! [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks