Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Please join this major boycott that will send a message around the world that Americans do actually care about things our president apparently does not comprehend.

Not One D a m n Dime Day - Jan 20, 2005
    Since our religious leaders will not speak out against the war in Iraq, since our political leaders don't have the moral courage to oppose it, Inauguration Day, Thursday, January 20th, 2005 is "Not One D a m n Dime Day" in America. On "Not One D a m n Dime Day" those who oppose what is happening in our name in Iraq can speak up with a 24-hour national boycott of all forms of consumer spending.

During "Not One D a m n Dime Day" please don't spend money. Not one d a m n dime for gasoline. Not one d a m n dime for necessities or for impulse purchases.

Not one d a m n dime for nothing for 24 hours.

On "Not One D a m n Dime Day," please boycott Wal-Mart, Kmart, Target... Please don't go to the mall or the local convenience store. Please don't buy any fast food (or any groceries at all for that matter). For 24 hours, please do what you can to shut the retail economy down.

The object is simple. Remind the people in power that the war in Iraq is immoral and illegal; that they are responsible for starting it and that it is their responsibility to stop it.

"Not One D a m n Dime Day" is to remind them, too, that they work for the people of the United States of America, not for the international corporations and K Street lobbyists who represent the corporations and funnel cash into American politics.

"Not One D a m n Dime Day" is about supporting the troops. The politicians put the troops in harm's way. Now 1,200 brave young Americans and (some estimate) 100,000 Iraqis have died. The politicians owe our troops a plan - a way to come home. There's no rally to attend. No marching to do. No left or right wing agenda to rant about. On "Not One D a m n Dime Day" you take action by doing NOTHING.

You open your mouth by keeping your wallet closed. For 24 hours, nothing gets spent, not one d a m n dime, to remind our religious leaders and our politicians of their moral responsibility to end the war in Iraq and give America back to the people.

Please share this message with as many people as possible.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I heard about this a few days before it went down. I had only heard though, that, at the front down the length of most of the barricade where Bush would be coming down (by motorcade) the protesters were to turn their backs towards him. Well, they did more than that.... [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] (read the entire article)

37 minutes ago

?Politics - Reuters
    By Andy Sullivan

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Flag-draped coffins and jeering anti-war protesters competed with pomp and circumstance on Thursday at the inauguration of President Bush (news - web sites) along the snow-dusted, barricaded streets of central Washington. As the president's motorcade made its way down Pennsylvania Avenue from the Capitol to the White House amid the tightest security in inaugural history, thousands of protesters along the parade route and nearby downtown streets booed, chanted slogans and carried placards condemning Bush's policies at home and abroad.

Some turned their back as the president drove slowly past. Others yelled, "George Bush (news - web sites), you can't hide. We charge you with genocide." Among the forest of protest signs, some read "Blood is on your hands" and "Iraq (news - web sites) is Arabic for Vietnam." Others called for electoral reform, gay rights, abortion rights and the use of renewable energy.

"There are a lot of people dying overseas for nothing and I'm here to get my voice heard," said Bill Coffelt, 40, an engineer from Fairfax, Va.

Protesters also traded insults with the more numerous, cheering Bush supporters, many of whom wore fur coats and paid for the best viewing spots at the first inaugural parade since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

In one area, police briefly sought to disperse with pepper spray demonstrators who hurled bottles, trash and snowballs at officers while trying to break through a security fence holding them back from the parade.

At least one snowball hit Vice President Dick Cheney (news - web sites)'s limousine, and Bush's limousine sped up to get past the commotion.

One group of protesters carried hundreds of mock coffins along 16th Street, a downtown thoroughfare leading to the White House, to remind Americans of the mounting casualties in Iraq.

And an American flag was set alight just outside a security checkpoint at 13th and Pennsylvania.

"It's beyond comprehension the damage this man has done," said Meredith Lair, 32, who just completed a doctorate in history at Pennsylvania State University. "I think it's horrifying what we're doing to Iraq," said Lair, who was carrying a sign that read, "Mr. Bush, under my mittens I'm giving you the finger."

ISOLATED SCUFFLES

Police said there were at least 13 arrests, two for assaulting an officer and the rest for disorderly conduct or other violations. One was a man who embarrassed police four years ago by sneaking past security to get a handshake from Bush. He did not get a chance for another grip this inauguration.

Police also scuffled with about 30 protesters two streets away from the parade route, using pepper spray and batons to disperse the group of self-styled anarchists, who wore bandannas to hide their faces.

"He (Bush) says he's bringing freedom to the world, and we're getting pepper-sprayed for our First Amendment rights. That's kind of ironic," said 22-year-old Dustin, who works for the National Institutes of Health (news - web sites) and did not want to give his full name.

Just outside the White House grounds, 17 protesters staged a "die-in." After shouting a chant of "Stop the killing, stop the war," they dropped to the pavement one by one as one of them began reading a list of those killed in Iraq.

One spectator apparently found the act so credible that he began administering CPR. Others were less sympathetic.

"I hope you don't get up. I hope you freeze your ass off," said another, who was among a group heading toward the parade-viewing grandstands nearest the White House.

?

Throughout the city, thousands of police and military troops were on patrol with bomb-sniffing dogs, and spectators had to pass through metal detectors before attending any inaugural events or heading to the parade.

Police sealed off 100 blocks around the White House and parade route, barring all traffic except official security and police cars.

Demonstration organizers had complained they were not being given adequate access to protest, while Bush supporters were granted prime locations along the parade route.

(additional reporting by Deborah Zabarenko, Randy Fabi, Susan Heavey and JoAnne Allen)

<font color="#007FFF"><font size="1">[ January 21, 2005 01:06 AM: Message edited by: Krugersgirl ]</font></font>

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ January 21, 2005 01:10 AM: Message edited by: Krugersgirl ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] Good goin' K.G. that's why I luv ya. You really let it hang out. More people should be so honest. The board needs an infusion of thoughtful commentary. I'd like to see more of what people feel instead of the same old questions. Not that I won't answer them, but it just seems pointless after awhile, because everything is available on a myriad of different websites. [img]cool.gif[/img] We need more straight talk from those of you out there that are really being impacted by this asshole! Get on with it and get on it now! [img]graemlins/film.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cell.gif[/img] I'm doin' what I can. I've got a new cd coming out in Germany with all of my old unreleased songs, political as hell, banned in the U.S. for the most part...RocketMaster'll have copy as soon as I proof the final mix. LuvYa K.G for ur guts
    David

<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ January 21, 2005 03:04 AM: Message edited by: DAVID HESS ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Unfortunatly for me I feel like it's hopeless. I know that sounds sad but alot of friends my age feel the same way... like it will never change.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Unfortunatly for me I feel like it's hopeless. I know that sounds sad but alot of friends my age feel the same way... like it will never change.